Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Never had a problem at all with the AWD but have slid past AWD to ADC. AWD on the fly is very important to me and moving or adding another switch would cause more problems that good IMO. To me hand control on donuts isn't as important as AWD is on an unexpected rough stretch. Looks like decision time!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I get where that would be an issue if you didn't want it to go into ADC. but in those conditions I'm typically already in AWD, thus making the worry about accidentally engaging the switch a moot point. Like you my hand it typically held against the throttle box/switch housing. but my thumb never moves away from the throttle area unless I'm specifically moving it to engage/disengage the switch.
My thumb doesn't come off the throttle. It would be like the second knuckle of your thumb can bump the switch if leaning forward and left.

I think we have a Bingo! Doughnuts / Whippin' [email protected]'s maybe not so much.... as the original post states.
You guys are talking two different things here. The OP wants to stay out of AWD. I was wanting to stay out of ADC. I was just giving an example how the switch can be bumped, for those who have never done it before. It can, and does, happen.
It's happened to me before (bumped into AWD by accident) riding tight trails at a fast pace. Cornering hard, feathering both brakes and throttle, power sliding around corners, leaning hard all at the same time... I consider that to be somewhat extreme (although there are many types of "extreme", and "extreme" means different things to different people) and in that case not only was AWD not necessary, but it would have been a hindrance to the type of riding being done. Is it enough of a problem that I'm going to put an override switch on the AWD switch wires, no, but I could see why someone might want to.
Thank you for that! At least someone agrees that this can happen. I'm probably not going to rush this project, but it will happen.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts