Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
UPDATE!!

I got a PM a day or so ago from THOR, saying the boxes are available!! So I placed my order!! We have three of these babies heading to the house!

Pics once they get here and we install them!

THANK YOU THOR, as always YOU ROCK!!!!

CW
UPDATE ON MY UPDATE;

The WES seat boxes I ordered LAST NIGHT where delivered THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe my eyes!! I ordered these 16 HOURS before!!!! OMG!!

Thank you THOR!!

CW

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
UPDATE!!

I got a PM a day or so ago from THOR, saying the boxes are available!! So I placed my order!! We have three of these babies heading to the house!

Pics once they get here and we install them!

THANK YOU THOR, as always YOU ROCK!!!!

CW
UPDATE ON MY UPDATE;

The WES seat boxes I ordered LAST NIGHT where delivered THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe my eyes!! I ordered these 16 HOURS before!!!! OMG!!

Thank you THOR!!

CW

Thank you too & you are welcome. The mounts are being shipped out today from our location. I will also email them to you if you want to prep the boxes before they arrive.

Thanks,

Thor

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks guys!!

It NEVER was a question of WHERE I would buy. ;) THOR/ ATV Super Store, ALL THE WAY!!

Just which one... I was thinking the BIG was might be bigger.. guess not so much. It looks like the STD and likely go with the package/kit Thor is offering!

Thanks for the tip AKSkew!!

I have built a foot rest last year when momma was complaining about sliding outta the seat last year!

http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/atv-performance-modifications/18532-converting-two-up-modifications.html

Then I got a set of adj pegs from Thor and they work perfectly on my system!!! I wanted more reenforcement for the arms and the box. So I built a frame for the box and integrated the bars for the foot pegs into that.

Any and all comments welcome!!

CW
CW, that foot rest/frame design you have is very nice. Would you mind if I copied you to make one for my bike? I've had some problems with the back rack breaking where the foot rests attach, this looks like it would solve the problem.

Also I have the Wes STD and love it. My gf who HATES 2up riding can't get over how nice and comfortable it is. She's tried a few other boxes and refuses to use them. Her favorite part about it is how it 'hugs' your body. She says even when going over really rough stuff that she doesn't feel like she'll get thrown off. Also where the handles are the box angles upwards. This is great IMO because your legs have a bit more room to move and less of a chance of hitting the box and getting bruised.

Now, my only complaint with the box are the elastic straps that hold the lid down. In less than a year, and not very much trail riding time (I ride without a box when it's just me) both the elastic straps have frayed and broke.

Hope this helps.
By all means!!

As a matter of a fact I would be happy to help any way I can thru these forums! PM me or post up!

Good luck,
CW

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I swear sometimes Thor has a homemade teleportatiin device in the back corner of his shop. I hope the flux-capacitor is still working next time I order something.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Hello fellas,

I had a chance to get all three boxes mounted this weekend! The first one was a bit slow, but we took it slow to make sure it was done correctly.

I pulled off my Sportsmans box..

Then unboxed the WES box..

We followed directions and drilled the holes and mounted the LnR connectors..

I do have a small complaint... the LnR connector bolts are too short... The threads do not get into the nylon of the nylock nuts. With out this happening, they can vibrate loose and because they are outside the box. Would be lost forever on the trail and the box would become loose... SO I applied red lock tite to the threads once I found the correct tightness so the box was snug, SMALL complaint...

THEN I wired the lights up. Again no problems, Yellow was stop, Brown tail/marker, Green is 12V positive and White is the ground. I also added a 12V outlet so I can charge my cell or other 12V items inside the box as we ride.

Then I thought wouldn't some lites inside the box be nice... BUT I did not want big bulbs or the big batt draw that comes with them. SO my solution is the LED light strips the tuner kids use in there cars as "accent" lighting. I found a set of 6" strips with white diodes. They have sticky back so I mounted then to the back, inside facing forward so each side in illuminated.

I used a momentary switch. I can change it later to a on/off if I don't like this one. But I figured IF I needed a light it wouldn't be for long.

I mounted the switch on the top under the hinge for the lid. Its the little white dot you see beside the bolts for the 12v outlet.

I made a lil video to tease my buddie, too...

Here is a couple shots of my buddies and his oldest boys machines.

ALL have the tail lights wired and the Blue one also has the 12V outlet installed.

THANK YOU AGAIN THOR!! YOU ROCK!!!

CW

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Hello fellas,

I had a chance to get all three boxes mounted this weekend! The first one was a bit slow, but we took it slow to make sure it was done correctly.

I pulled off my Sportsmans box..

Then unboxed the WES box..

We followed directions and drilled the holes and mounted the LnR connectors..

I do have a small complaint... the LnR connector bolts are too short... The threads do not get into the nylon of the nylock nuts. With out this happening, they can vibrate loose and because they are outside the box. Would be lost forever on the trail and the box would become loose... SO I applied red lock tite to the threads once I found the correct tightness so the box was snug, SMALL complaint...

THEN I wired the lights up. Again no problems, Yellow was stop, Brown tail/marker, Green is 12V positive and White is the ground. I also added a 12V outlet so I can charge my cell or other 12V items inside the box as we ride.

Then I thought wouldn't some lites inside the box be nice... BUT I did not want big bulbs or the big batt draw that comes with them. SO my solution is the LED light strips the tuner kids use in there cars as "accent" lighting. I found a set of 6" strips with white diodes. They have sticky back so I mounted then to the back, inside facing forward so each side in illuminated.

I used a momentary switch. I can change it later to a on/off if I don't like this one. But I figured IF I needed a light it wouldn't be for long.

I mounted the switch on the top under the hinge for the lid. Its the little white dot you see beside the bolts for the 12v outlet.

I made a lil video to tease my buddie, too...

Here is a couple shots of my buddies and his oldest boys machines.

ALL have the tail lights wired and the Blue one also has the 12V outlet installed.

THANK YOU AGAIN THOR!! YOU ROCK!!!

CW
You are welcome CW. FYI after reviewing the pictures the reason why the mounts were too short for you was because you placed a metal washer inside the box. You should only have the plastic washer inside the box & everything else on the bottom. See picture of box installed on our orange 500HO.

Thanks,

Thor

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thor I removed a small dia washer and replaced it with a fender washer for better stability. If anything my set up is .002-.003 thinner...

To clarify: When I disassembled the LnR units, I had a plastic washer, two steel washers, a hard plastic spacer, a rubber spacer, another washer and a nylock nut.

I removed one of the two washers that where together with a thinner much larger diameter washer.

CW

21 - 27 of 27 Posts