Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So wife and i out for a late fall ride October 5th 2013 on our bikes she has her own and i had a 2009 Yamaha Warrior 1700 and on our way home some dummy backs out of his driveway strait across both lanes about 70 feet in front of me and leaves me no way to go around with out putting her in the trees or a convert by his driveway so i grabbed both brakes but could not get stopped and ended up t-boning his car in the drivers door and flying over his car and hitting the pavement got a chipped bone in left ankle badly swollen right leg and and both arms bruised and swollen and broke my jaw in three pieces witch now has 3 small plates and 11 screws holding it together he was at fault and charged so my Medical and bike and clothes and time off and all expenses will be covered by insurance just healing up now and should get a settlement from his insurance when all done and back to normal as can be .....almost time for winter here now so more time for the Polaris

Attachments

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
harsh! now, I'm not a litigation type of guy, but before you accept a check for settlement you really should talk to your own accident attorney.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wow... know how you feel. Crashed my Hayabusa a few years back, ended up with 4 broke ribs. Glad your able to recover and move on. New toy looks cool. How does it perform compared to your other bike?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Wow, glad you came out "OK"...at least you have something to look forward to after you heal up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
harsh! now, I'm not a litigation type of guy, but before you accept a check for settlement you really should talk to your own accident attorney.
ya here in Canada we have 3 years to decide on settlements to make sure all is healed up ok before getting legal involved

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow... know how you feel. Crashed my Hayabusa a few years back, ended up with 4 broke ribs. Glad your able to recover and move on. New toy looks cool. How does it perform compared to your other bike?
Thanks it is a wicked machine 115 hp and 65 lbf of torque and only weights 414 lbs wet hard to keep front wheel down in first two gears have to short shift 1st and 2nd and show her some respect but very sexy ride..

·
Registered
806 Posts
Good to hear you survived. Hopefully you heal well. That's why I quit riding motorcycles and sold them all. I got tired of too many close calls of people trying to kill me thru ignorance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Glad to here you will be ok. I had a friend have the same thing to him in front of me. This was in 1980 and ended up having has leg amputated 5 years later, from a infection.
Sue the shit out of the asshole........

PS hope you a speedy and pain free recovery

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes recovering nicely but slow it takes a long time biking will be over here soon winter here now so have to store the bikes but can just start riding the Polaris but will be taking the easy trails and abandoned tracks for a while Ray..

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Like everyone else here, glad to hear it wasn't a worse outcome and that your wife didn't suffer the same fate!

It's unfortunate stories like yours that keep me on 4 wheels. Always some a-hole not looking taking out a safe rider. Heal up fast and enjoy your winter hobby ?

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
422 Posts
Gotta watch out for the dumb cagers... Get well man

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Glad to hear your healing.... but to bad plates and screws were involved.

I too had a couple close calls over my years of owning scooters and thankfully no accidents. Decided to quit while I was ahead and sold the cycle the summer of 2012 (Kawi Nomad 1500, dressed up like a Street Glide).... So far I've only missed it a couple times, usually on the really nice days!!

I'll own one again some day..... but not until "Texting/Cell Phone While Driving" is handled like a DWI (Maybe, put a little fear of God into people)!! Currently there are way to may high school kids, soccer moms and limp wristed men driving around with there faces stairing at the floors of thier cars (or better called: distracted driving).

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'll own one again some day..... but not until "Texting/Cell Phone While Driving" is handled like a DWI (Maybe, put a little fear of God into people)!! Currently there are way to may high school kids, soccer moms and limp wristed men driving around with there faces stairing at the floors of thier cars (or better called: distracted driving).
Same here, and my wife is one of them. No matter how many times we argue about it. One of these days, I'm going to smash her phone into a hundred pieces on the asphalt to prove my point. :motz:

Glad to hear that you are on the mend. As bad as it was, it could have been much worse. Very nice old and new bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts