Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went up to the farm and took the ATV out to do some work. I heard some clicking and found that both inward CV boots were torn. The price for new axles are just under $700 for the pair.

Is that about the right price for OME axles?

How good are the ones on Ebay?

Any way I could get this fixed at a lower price?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Axels

firefighter1241,Mike here.Go to cvrestoration on E-Bay for your axels.I've been using them on a lot of bikes that I repair with no problems. I just bought a pair (2) of front complete axels for my 2007 500 HO ready to install for under $240.00 shipped to my door.Hope this helps,let us know,Mike:cowboy:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
That is high for OEM axles. Are you running a lift? If not then you should check out those axles that polaris50007 recommended. If no luck there, and you don't have a lift, then you can check out super atv. I believe they are located on this site and they may be giving a discount. Again, i am only recommending the superatv axle if you do not have a lift.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Super atv axels??

"firefighter1241 and lost caues",you are right about the super atv axels.I tried them first and didn't hold up.The CV Restoration Axels are claiming to be better than the OEM axels on all points, harder shafts and splinesand the sort..They are also guarranted (1) year.My bike had a production date change and at first they sent me the wrong axel.I didn.t know it was a 1/2" shorter than than the original shaft.It pulled apart after only minutes of riding,no damage though.:bam:I contacted them and they paid for shipping for the return.They in turn sent me (2) front shafts with a reduced price.Now thats service.Hope I don't blow another one but if I do I won't have to wait 2-5 days.Good Luck All,:cowboy:Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called and picked up two CV Restoration Axels for about $220 shipped. The ATV is stock to they should work well. Now I just need to find out how to get the old ones off and the new ones on.

·
Registered
161 Posts
CV Restoration

firefighter1241,Mike here.Good news on the axels.I'm glad I told you about the Co.So far I've had good luck with them.Your 700 is a 2003.:hmmm:Does it have the Hillard clutches on the spindle."How to tell"Does it have a cap on the outside with (if I remember correctly) 3 screws holding it on? OR does it have a rubber cap on the axel nut? Let us know so we can help you.:cowboy:Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has a rubber cap on the axel nut.

I got the old ones off and got the new ones on all in the same night. I got some help form my dad.

Are the old ones of any value to anyone? Both of the outer CV boots are still good.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Save

firefighter1241,Mike here.Thats great news on the axels.I have had good service from them so far.In my oponion,I would keep the old axels,if you bust an outer on the new ones you will already have the parts to repair it.Just a suggestion,:cowboy:Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts