Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 550 EFI ... what are some decent bags or hard containers you guys are using. Looking for something to take the beating of Hatfield and McCoy trails in June!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok great Thank you. I hate to spend $200 when I know its gonna get trashed most likely! Dust, dirt and maybe a roll over!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Coleman and Tacc bags from Cabelas are good bags you might want to look at .

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've got an American Trails "soft" rear bag system. It's well made, zipperless closures. The main box can open in any direction and the smaller two are detachable with web loops to use as a fanny pack or whatever.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've got the Polaris head shell box and like it much more than the soft bag on my wife's quad. Everything stays dry and dust free, hasn't faded in the sun like the cloth one, just a nice box.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I've got an American Trails "soft" rear bag system. It's well made, zipperless closures. The main box can open in any direction and the smaller two are detachable with web loops to use as a fanny pack or whatever.
Agree that the American Trails are the best soft packs but with a polaris rack system the hard lock and rides are much easier to mount. I had and American Trail soft on my Honda Rancher and held up good with extreme riding.

Tried a hard Polaris lock and ride on my new sportsman and like it much better.

It is especially nice when you go to the car wash after an extreme mud ride and pressure wash your ATV. The soft bags just get infiltrated with water during clean up and they are very difficult to clean. The hard cases just become part of your ATV plastics and you can just blast them clean with everything inside still dry.

I put a small soft cooler inside mine and my food stays cold and I pack the rest with clothes and gear.

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
Hard box is fine if you don't mind all the rattling and banging from the box and everything inside it. Get yourself a good, ZIPPERLESS soft bag. No rattles, takes all of 2-3 minutes to take it off to wash your quad. I wash mine with the bag on it, they are made to get wet. It stays dry inside.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Check out the the Mud Dog ATV bags..They are really nice for a soft bag

·
Premium Member
10,369 Posts
I vote for the OGIO Honcho bag. it comes with the main bag, cooler pouch, storage pouch, and a insulated drink holder. i specifically bought the bag for HMT and it held up well, no issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts