Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you own a predator and have a problem with a loose rear caliper? Mine has gotten so rediculous over the years that it's annoying to ride. Any cheap fixes out there or has anyone been told anything by a dealer/service tech? I know this isn't the only post reguarding this but noone seems to know very much about this issue.....Thanks guys:kopfkratz:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Mine does it and as far as I know there is no "correct" fix.I was told you can put a small exhaust spring from the caliper mount to the axle bolts and it will help.I haven't tried anything yet but I will figure something out eventually.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem. What I do is before each ride I tighten the hex screws down until the wheels won't free turn and then back it off a quarter turn. It's a pain in the a$$ but eliminates the rattle for the ride. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Same here also, I'm going to figure out some type of fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
same here. Migh just put a screw through the bracket and call it good haha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Someone said to remove the parking brake

I was told by a friend to remove the parking brake and go to a smaller caliper. Haven't tried, but checking into it. It is annoying as ever to listen to that for the entire ride. Especially when I have a 2009 Touring on the trip and that is the cadillac. lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, I tried silicone and that didnt hold up. I tried JB weld, and that just cracked, so then I went to the dealership, and they said you could buy a new mount, but i doubt that would work either. I think I am just going to tig weld it in place.

·
Registered
41 Posts
is it a loud clicking sound?

cuz mine has that problem

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2005 that does it. I got a black rubber tie down strap, took the hook out, and cut the end off. If you cut it correctly, you can loosen the caliper then wedge the piece of rubber between the bottom of the caliper and the bolt below it and then tighten caliper back down. It works well on mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts