Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share for anyone looking to ride 2 people.

I bought my box from Thor at ATV Superstore. I got the lock and go option, but after a ride, the box kind of flops around some and is not as sturdy as the Moose box that I had on before. So I am going to mount it permanent like my last box. The main reason I bought this box was because it has handles made into it. The Moose box did not have any handles for a rear rider. Makes a big difference if you plan on riding someone on the back. My wife was flying all over the place last ride, I also got his foot peg kit. Its not made to fit the 570 yet, fits older Sportsman, so I had to cut all the mounting tabs off and remake the whole thing pretty much to make it work. Pretty sure Thor said the kit for the 570 will not be out for a while so that's why I went this route.

The foot peg kit is very sturdy, overall we are very happy with this setup. The only other gripe I have with this box is that after washing the quad the box leaked some, but that's nothing a little weather stripping didn't already fix.

·
Registered
815 Posts
why did you not just buy a touring?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why did you not just buy a touring?
Kind of thought I might get asked that. At the time the dealer did not have one in stock. I like the fact that I can carry a lot of stuff in the rear cargo box. From what I have seen there are not many options out there for the touring model, as far as rear cargo boxes go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts