Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some opinions and/or recommendations for a rear cargo box for my 2005 Sportsman 800 EFI Quad.

First of all, I have decided that I'm better off getting a hard cargo box with latches rather than a soft one with zippers. The reason being is that the soft ones don't always keep things dry and the zippers break when they are covered in mud.

Part of my dilemma is that out of the ones I have seen, they take up the entire rear cargo area. I need one a little smaller such that I can still strap a jerrycan or two on. I don't want to put a jerrycan in the cargo with my gear for obvious reasons. It would also be nice if the cargo box had dividers in there rather than just one big open box.

I have looked at the Polaris ones on their webage:
http://www.purepolaris.com/Detail.aspx?ItemID=2875176(PolarisPGACatalog)

and the Kolpin ones:
http://www.kolpinpowersports.com/products/atv-molded-products/storage.html

Thanks in advance.
K

·
Registered
11 Posts
For whatever it's worth, I have the lock and ride from Polaris. Not only do I really like the ease of off/on, but it is relatively water tight and I have bungied a spare gas can to the top when on longer rides.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For whatever it's worth, I have the lock and ride from Polaris. Not only do I really like the ease of off/on, but it is relatively water tight and I have bungied a spare gas can to the top when on longer rides.
I was thinking about getting that Lock and Ride Cargo Box for my Sportsman. Just wondering, with that latched on, is it ok to haul it with it on? Those latches seem to hold it on pretty well, but are they locked enough for the trip on the trailer?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lock and Ride

I worried about how the cargo box would hold during transport/trailering also, but after trips to Moab, and into Colorado both on the back of the pickup, and on the trailer, the cargo box seems to hold tight. I don't leave it on all the time as when riding locally it stays in the shed, but add it when going on longer trips, it seems to stay snug and tight.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
either would either go with the lock and ride box or the rear box from OGIO it is pretty waterproof, you can hose the bag off, has dividers inside, magnetic and buckles shut, and has a lot of storage room. and ogio gives a lifetime warranty on their craftsmanship.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts