Polaris ATV Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Hey everyone. Have a question that could use some expertise. I’m thinking of installing a rear centre work light (part 2413558) that is available on the hunter editions on my 2017 850SP. I know that the centre tail light is a simple plug and play, but I’m wondering what is involved with installing the work light. Would the same plug in harness work? Is there another harness that I would need to connect the switch to inside the pod? If anyone has done this mod or knows how to do it I would appreciate the help. Thx
I am trying to do the same thing on my 2020 Sportsman 850 Premium Trail. I just purchases the work light, installed it and looking for the same info on how to properly install it.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I am trying to do the same thing on my 2020 Sportsman 850 Premium Trail. I just purchases the work light, installed it and looking for the same info on how to properly install it.
PM sent, but see post #18 where I explain everything.

So I finally got my rear work light installed.

OEM product #2413558. Work light that is found on the hunter editions. I purchased a toggle switch from amazon. Hook up was straight forward.

Remove the blank cover from the rear and install the light. The wiring harness plug-in is already there sitting in a holder. It's the same harness that you would use for the rear centre tail light mod that has been discussed in other threads and you tube videos. Plug it in and the back is done. Under the headlight pod there are two shrink wrapped wires, a red and a yellow. Yellow feeds power to the rear light and the red is an auxiliary power wire that is keyed, meaning that power is only there when the key is turned on. Power in to the toggle switch from the red, yellow to light and ground to a good ground source. I piggy backed my ground off of the ground wire I had for my light bar toggle switch. Done.

Whole process took under an hour only because I was fooling around with voltage meter to figure out the red and yellow wires and had to cut a larger opening in the headlight pod for the toggle switch.

I think it looks great and is more useful for me than a centre tail light.

Thanks to FPD218 and polman500 for your input.
Ok. I have bought the stock light switch with no ground wire. So what do i do? You said put the red wire on one, then put the yellow wire on. Will that work if no ground wire for lite switch?
I did use the stock wiring in the rear. It is hooked up, bought i haven't started the light pod work yet.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Ok. I have bought the stock light switch with no ground wire. So what do i do? You said put the red wire on one, then put the yellow wire on. Will that work if no ground wire for lite switch?
I did use the stock wiring in the rear. It is hooked up, bought i haven't started the light pod work yet.
If its just the two pin switch, then red on top, yellow on the bottom and you should be good. I used an aftermarket switch which needed a ground.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.