Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone removed a rear diff from a 2016 HL before? Or any 1000XP for that matter? Wasnt sure if there was any tips or tricks before i tackle pulling mine out and splitting the case so i can find my water leak issue.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Anyone removed a rear diff from a 2016 HL before? Or any 1000XP for that matter? Wasnt sure if there was any tips or tricks before i tackle pulling mine out and splitting the case so i can find my water leak issue.

I removed ours a few weeks ago. Pretty easy once you get the axles out. I had the belt cover both inner and outer off and the clutches off too so that made it a lot easier. Not sure if the cover has to be taken off for removal. Don’t forget to put the shim that’s inside the diff back in the right spot .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any special tools needed? I have an idea of what i need to do but this will be a first for me

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks, just watching for now. My rear diff has been milky looking ever since the flip, going to try a couple more flushes, replace all the vent lines. I’m hoping there’s water trapped somewhere, not a leak.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Thanks, just watching for now. My rear diff has been milky looking ever since the flip, going to try a couple more flushes, replace all the vent lines. I’m hoping there’s water trapped somewhere, not a leak.

Ok, well if interested when I’m done ours you can bring it by and we can do it in a day. I got water in ours and changed it multiple times and could never get it clean. That’s why I pulled mine and I did replace the axle seals on it and siliconed it back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I am having the same issue with my machine. I have been told it may be due to the suspension lift which causes added vibration and heats up the seals. Was wondering if you used factory seals or is there a better quality part out there that may stand up better. I have heard of a few guys blowing their diff because of this problem.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't got around to doing mine yet but i intended on using OEM seals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts