Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
OP,
Sounds like you got a good handle on it.
Not that this could be making any noise, but have you updated your front ball joints? In years prior to 2012 they had a short stem on them and they would come loose and wobble out the aluminium knuckle. Pretty easy to change while you are updating things. You can tell if they have then new longer stem if it protrudes above the knuckle. The lowers is what caused the problems.
My buddies 2010 had the short ones and it cost him lots extra to fix. If he would have just installed the longer ones he would have been fine. There was also an airbox update that was causing oil in his airbox too. Don't know if it applied to the 2011.

D
I did already replace the ball joints with all balls and use a needle to keep grease in them from under the seal, not sure if they are longer than stock or not. I also had the dealer fix the air box issue before it was a problem.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I did already replace the ball joints with all balls and use a needle to keep grease in them from under the seal, not sure if they are longer than stock or not. I also had the dealer fix the air box issue before it was a problem.
If you used All Balls, you got the longer ones. That is what I put in mine. Mine had the long ones but after 7000 miles they were pretty loose.

D

21 - 22 of 22 Posts