Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I recently purchased the rear rack extension for my 2013 polaris sportsman 500 h.o, but when I put it on the back two brackets hang off about 1/8 of an inch. I asked the dealership about this and they said it was normal. Please tell me if this is how they come now or if this rack is wrong. Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
yeah its normal. i bolted the front corners that bolt from the bottom tight and loosly bolted up the rest. used a ratchet strap to align the rack and extender. (attach the ratchet strap hooks to the extender, essentially wrapping the rack with the strap. i did this as not to mar the plastic rack.)

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Hello all I recently purchased the rear rack extension for my 2013 polaris sportsman 500 h.o, but when I put it on the back two brackets hang off about 1/8 of an inch. I asked the dealership about this and they said it was normal. Please tell me if this is how they come now or if this rack is wrong. Thanks
The small space is normal. I'd suggest that you get some 5/8 inch heater hose, split it and wrap the extender with the hose and zip tie it tight. This will keep it from marring when used to carry metal objects like tree stands, and will also make it more non slip. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Thanks I appreciate it. That odd looking space was really bugging me.
It looked odd to me also when I installed it on mine, but after seeing my buddy's atv and his was identical to mine, I realized it was the norm. Wrap that extender quickly. It scratches very easily...Take care

·
Registered
460 Posts
It looked odd to me also when I installed it on mine, but after seeing my buddy's atv and his was identical to mine, I realized it was the norm. Wrap that extender quickly. It scratches very easily...Take care
Vandal, you are really digging the heater hose tonight ay! ;-)

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Vandal, you are really digging the heater hose tonight ay! ;-)
Tim, I don't know if you have extenders or not, but I wish someone had told me to cover mine when I got them, they scratch very easily and look terrible and will rust if left uncovered. So yes, I am on the heater hose bandwagon tonight. It works...lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah, I saw that and simply decided to forgo the rear extension as a result.

I just bolted down two milk crates and drop a small rubbermaid action packer or a soft cooler in between them. Some bent-up punched steel straps bolted to the crates keeps everything from falling off or moving around.

It works very well but looks like shit.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Tim, I don't know if you have extenders or not, but I wish someone had told me to cover mine when I got them, they scratch very easily and look terrible and will rust if left uncovered. So yes, I am on the heater hose bandwagon tonight. It works...lol

I don't, I have a rear seat/box! Yes, I am one of those people that will ride 2-up on a 1-up machine!

I was just giggin' you my man.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Are u able to post a pic of the rear rack extender and how it over hangs?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
The small space is normal. I'd suggest that you get some 5/8 inch heater hose, split it and wrap the extender with the hose and zip tie it tight. This will keep it from marring when used to carry metal objects like tree stands, and will also make it more non slip. Good Luck
Good idea!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Too bad someone doesn't make a video and post it on YouTube.
^^^ agree. Im interested on what they mean by overhanging

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts