Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm unsure whether Polaris makes rear boxes with the same Lock-n-Ride hole pattern as the bed on an X2. If so, then my rack would fit other models. My 500 EFI is 2006 model X2, but I believe all Sportsman X2 models have the same bed.

Anyway, I built this rack for an extra level of cargo capacity. I've owned a welding shop for over 20 years, so there's nothing lacking in the fabrication. I designed it to not interfere with a passenger. All aluminum----lightweight and strong. Upright tubes are covered with vinyl camo tape, which can be removed. All horizontal tubes are padded with zippered camo covers for passenger safety and protection of guns, bows or anything else on the rack.

Legs have machined stops on top and threaded on bottom. They slip into Lock-n-Ride holes and mount with one washer and bolt from the bottom of each corner. Stainless hardware (no rust) included. I would guess it weighs about 10 pounds.

Pics are of various views with and without optional bungees and show the pads and general construction. One pic shows the hole spacing of my X2 bed without the rack (gun rack is in front holes).

Asking $150. Pads and zippered covers cost half of that. Will consider all offers, including trades. Contact John at 417-988-7257. Located in Springfield, Missouri. Can ship upon receipt of payment.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts