Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking for a rear storage box for my 2013 Sportsman 500. Any recommendations would be great. I don't want to break my wallet for one but at the same time I want to find the right one so I don't have to drill any holes in the rear rack. Thanks guys!

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
I always had boxes on my old bikes. With my new Outlander I decided to go with a bag. I like the bag much better. And you don't have to drill holes. Mine I think is a MOOSE but OGIO bags are awsome. Just another choice for ya instead of a box.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
some of the soft cargo bags i seen are awesome ..I have a hard box ..but thinking on a soft one now since I seen some nice ones...some made out of that heavy ballistic nylon coated on the inside and outside for waterproofing...pockets inside to put things you need secured...and collapsable when not using..and light weight

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the recommendations. I didn't even consider a soft bag plus having a bag that is collapsable is nice.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I bought a moose bag I did a few mods to it and water sealed the hell outta it and it's been great ice fishing I think I'm really going to like it for other seasons too. Hell when i don't take my quad fishing I put the bag in my portable shack and use it fore storage in there.

One thing I don't like about hard boxes is a lot a bulky and noisy. Many Times with them on I've come to a fallen tree to sneak under and the box has held me up.

It's called the moose expedition bag, my buddy owns a shop that gets returns from parts unlimited. "Scratch and dent stuff" the only thing it was missing was the. " rod" bag which is fine with me . Think it retails for 150$ new,

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
thats a nice bag...looks roomy...i am liking the soft bags more an more...how do you like then tires..the bear claw HTR.I just got a set..got the rears on so far...lol...been snowing an plowing an no time to get fronts on..but with just the rears its a bear on the trails and in snow....they have a serious bite to them....cant wait to see with all 4 on ..soon I hope

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I have the Pure Polaris boxes on both of mine. They're not cheap but they fit like a glove and are watertight, roomy, & sturdy. The seat cushion comes in handy and the saddle bags work perfectly.

The thing I appreciate most about them is that they fit the profile of the quad so as to not add any height, width, or length. This way when you're on the tight trails the box isn't getting taken out by the trees and branches.

[URL=http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/bgirard420/media/IMG_5439.jpg.html]

[/URL]

·
Registered
101 Posts
I went to Fleet Farm and bought a Plano brand 27 ish cu.ft. storage box for $25. Made some homemade lock and ride clamps. This week I'm finally making some brackets to use with the clamps to hold it securely.
I'll post pics when its done.

seabee78

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the Polaris lock n ride box. Model # 2876367. Fits perfect - which it should. I guess the advantage to this box over a bag is the fact you can take it off or put it on in 5 seconds. When getting ready to ride its a luxury to take ur box inside the house. Load it with food, drinks, clothing, etc. Instead of making 25 trips back & forth. Check ur local Craigslist for a used one, or watch ebay. They do pop up from time to time. Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the Polaris lock n ride box. Model # 2876367. Fits perfect - which it should. I guess the advantage to this box over a bag is the fact you can take it off or put it on in 5 seconds. When getting ready to ride its a luxury to take ur box inside the house. Load it with food, drinks, clothing, etc. Instead of making 25 trips back & forth. Check ur local Craigslist for a used one, or watch ebay. They do pop up from time to time. Just my 2 cents!
My bag straps on in about two minutes i take it off everytime I load my quad up or am plowing, and do all those things u stated.

Just saying

·
Registered
27 Posts
Awesome! No shame in a bag. But in my several years of having both at different times, experience tells me a good box will outlast a bag 3 to 1. Just saying

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would agree with Gary, in my opinion and experience bags kinda suck. Box its the way to go.

seabee78

·
Registered
89 Posts
Perhaps you take a look at this Box: SHAD ATV 110

·
Registered
101 Posts
I found out on google shopping and Ebay for anywhere between $350 to over $500. Not sure about shopping or where else to find it. Too expensive for me so i quit researching it. Looks really nice though!

seabee78

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
thats a nice bag...looks roomy...i am liking the soft bags more an more...how do you like then tires..the bear claw HTR.I just got a set..got the rears on so far...lol...been snowing an plowing an no time to get fronts on..but with just the rears its a bear on the trails and in snow....they have a serious bite to them....cant wait to see with all 4 on ..soon I hope
HTRs are great. Never had a puncture yet. Smooth, light for 8 ply and they grab pretty good. I have about 1000 miles on them now and barely any wear.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I seen some bags made of 1200 denier ballastic cloth...and very well laid out inside...I have a hard box lounger now..it just seems a pain at times...when i am using around the yard or plowing I would like it off..but I have to unbolt it...and for riding the local trails near me I just need a bag or small box on the front to carry the essentials...I only need a bigger storage when I go to say a ATV park on longer rides...so something easy to remove or fold down is good for me....I seen one bag that gave a 3 year warranty....thats not bad....plus most bags will attach to the front if needed if you need the rear rack to haul say a deer out or what ever

1 - 20 of 30 Posts