Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the ITP Terracross (26x9x14 front and 26x11x14 rear) for my 550 XP and recall reading that the rear tire(s) will rub a litle bit unless I do the rear swaybar modification. I have seen a thread before that had some pretty good information on how to bend the swaybar, but I can't find it now. I tried the search option and i didn't locate the info. Can someone please see if they can locate it and post it for me or provide the information on how to bend the bar.

Anyone using the Teracross tires?? If so how do you like them...
Thanks in advance!!

popo

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was looking at those in the Cabela's auto & ATV book. Just wondering why it would rub, The stock 10's are about 1 inch away from the sway bar? are you using the stock rims? I would still like to hear from anyone who has a set of Terracross tires on there XP

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be using the stock rims. I read on another forum that the tires will rub the swaybar. The Terracross is not made in a 26x10x14...had to go with 26x11x14...which is about an inch wider..theoretically adding only 1/2 inch to each side. There is not a whole lot of clearance to begin with. I don't want to use spacers...

·
Registered
369 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cc1999...That is the link... I found it yesyerday too and followed the "instructions" and it does work. The Teracross 26x11x14's clear the swaybar sufficiently now. I did not want to buy rims too. Thanks for the post!!! For those thinking about bending their swaybar..as the link states..you do need some common sense/mechanical ability..and good straps.. I had my brother help me and that sure made it easier.

Haven't gotten a chance to ride it yet...will have to let you know later about the tires and ride.

Thanks!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts