Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the 93 trail boss all back together, my son inlaw got to ride it because I other things going on. Haven't been able to start it since. Gas would come out of the exhaust port on the front of the motor. Thought the throttle linkage was stuck, but that wasn't it. In the mean time I had to rebuild the choke lever since I broke it on reassembly. Ordered a new needle valve and seat hope this fixes the too much gas problem.

Things That I've done so far
24" mud lite tires on rear
stripped frame and sprayed on undercoating
23" mud lites coming for the front $ issues
New drive belt
Repainted rims, hammer finish grey
painted motor and sanded paint off cooling fins
Painted front and rear hubs orange
Painted entire body black with krylon Fusion paint for plastic
new battery

Going to try and get reassembled this weekend. Maybe try to get some pics up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can't wait to see those pics!

But I do have an issue with your paint choice!

You see, I'm in the middle of rebuilding my machine too and I almost went with camo, then I decided to do something totally different and paint the whole thing in BLACK! :aargh4:

Thanks man ....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rebuild Almost Done

Well let me tell you the Fusion Paint that is supposed to stick to plastic does not work so mine is coming back off as soon as I get a chance. I have a different paint scheme in mind, besides I didn't like the all black when I got done. Also ran into money issues after the holiday's so the front tires have not be swapped out yet. Other than that every thing is pretty much finished. Did run into a problem getting the gas tank cover to sit back down like it's supposed to. Something else to work on. Oh well it keeps me off the streets at night.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well let me tell you the Fusion Paint that is supposed to stick to plastic does not work so mine is coming back off as soon as I get a chance. I have a different paint scheme in mind, besides I didn't like the all black when I got done. Also ran into money issues after the holiday's so the front tires have not be swapped out yet. Other than that every thing is pretty much finished. Did run into a problem getting the gas tank cover to sit back down like it's supposed to. Something else to work on. Oh well it keeps me off the streets at night.
To bad about the Fusion paint ... so what is the solution for paint-on-plastic? Inquiring minds want to know ... and don't want to have to repaint. How is the paint holding up on the motor?

Didn't the all black scheme look pretty stealth and menacing?

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Rebuild Almost Done

Have taken a break from the Polaris and have been working on a Suzuki Motorcycle. It has plastic rear panels and front fender. Used Dupont Mirage paint on those and its sticks to the plastic really well. Its a three part system a black base coat which is really just a primer, color coat, and top clear coat. This is a color changing paint depending upon how the light hits it. Yes the black did look pretty mean and I would of left it if it would have stayed on. Directions said to let it cure 7 days, and some most of my panels sat longer than that.:kopfkratz: So after trying to touch up problems I determined I was :deadhorse: and gave up. Hence the color change. Use engine enamal for 5000 degrees its holding up fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts