Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Polaris 700 twin I bought very inexpensive had a lifter go through the crankcase and I am wondering if it would be more economical to replace the whole motor or to have it rebuilt and I would also like to know if anyone knows of any good Polaris mechanics around the Toledo Ohio area

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
If the case is broken from my knowledge the motor is basically worthless. So you would have to find a replacement.

Reactions: RoyR80

·
Premium Member
2015 Sportsman XP 1000 LE Touring
116 Posts
Trice confirmed: you need a new motor.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Don't waste your time on the broken case. Get a new motor...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's my dilemma. A used motor which could be used hard or used lightly is a hit or miss and still cost an arm and a leg and a new crate motor cost both arms both legs but a rebuild it seems like the most economical way and a motor would be guaranteed if I have it done by a professional

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't waste your time on the broken case. Get a new motor...
Here's my dilemma. A used motor which could be used hard or used lightly is a hit or miss and still cost an arm and a leg and a new crate motor cost both arms both legs but a rebuild it seems like the most economical way and a motor would be guaranteed if I have it done by a professional

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trice confirmed: you need a new motor.

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
Talk to someone over at nFlow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts