Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 trail boss i need to rebuild the pull rope starter but have no clue.I have put rope back on and spin it backwards 5 or 6 times does anyone have a clue on how to do this?I have a manual on the way but not sure if this will be in it.It will pull the rope back on when it is off the bike but when i put it back on and pull it it does not work.I also have a new spring on the way.Do any of you folks have a clue?
the vids on you tube are for lawnmowers and one for a 3 wheeler but nothing for a polaris any help would be appreciated!!!
booger

·
Registered
527 Posts
Sounds like the nut that holds it together could be over tightened. If the spring came on wound you will need to replace it. Have you replaced the the friction plate or spring or any other internal parts? Have you cleaned and re greased the whole assembly. These are easy to work on but can be a pain in the a$$ to make work properly. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if the recoil starters are interchangable between models and years. I have a similar issue except the blazer I bought cheap had the recoil starter missing down to the pulley. Right now I just wrap a rope around the pulley and she starts everytime. Its just a bit annoying and I don't trust my wife to ride it and not get her leg or foot against the pulley.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts