Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new machine on the lift today to check it out.I did mostly a visual. For all of you new owners you need to check the upper radiator hose for rub marks from the upper shock mount and the shock spring.I found mine rubbing so I wrapped it with rubber to keep the mount from rubbing a hole in the upper hose. I will post pictures of this soon.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Did you try to turn the hose to rotate it away from the spring? TOM

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea This is why I need to post a picture turning the hose on one end makes it rub on the fuel tank.So I covered the radiator hose at each rub point. Im not the only one that has seen this huge problem :anbet:.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the left side of the upper radiator hose that rubs not a lot of room.I need to find some corrugated plastic cover to go around this. temp fix for now .
This is the plastic cover that goes around each end of the fuel tank it needs a rubber flap on the top to keep the small rocks out.I removed this panel on both sides less than 100 miles and it was full of small rocks.this is another trouble spot that needs to be looked at.
://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o223/05chop/IMG_0864.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow that's some really useful information gaspump. I'm gonna go home tonight and look mine over and make sure the same thing isn't happening to me.

Does that gas tank cover atleast have holes in the bottom to let water escape?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks Gaspumpcity, Good info.... I will check mine also.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bottom of the plastic panel protector is sort of open at the bottom. Remove the plastic rivets its easy its your choice to completely remove the protectors or inspect them after rides. Carry some spare plastic rivets with you just in case your on the trail and they pop off too been there done it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Haha yeah I'm sure that would be a pain. I already have a few extra but them buggers are kind of expensive for what they are!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts