Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hmmm... interesting.

Does look a bit smaller than the Warn all the way around.

What gauge steel is it supposed to be?

Did you measure it? I would think a 60" plow would be... well, 60" long?

Thanks for posting this, and keep us posted on how it holds up.

·
Vendor
391 Posts
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the feedback on the plow purchase. I'm never one to shy away from conversations on boards because I'm confident in the products we produce. That doesn't mean we are a perfect company, but it does mean our reputation for quality and performance in the nearly seven years of business since we started has been evident. We see this the public feedback and significant growth of our business from a small operation to one with 10 employees now and a new facility being built to handle the growth. With word-of-mouth in our industry, if you create a product that sucks, people are going to know about it immediately. So I know how much we focus on quality as, at the end of the day, this usually wins.

Okay, now to the plow concerns mentioned:

1. Just had someone say last week that they are buying their first replacement wear bar after three years of having our plow. Worked like a champ and he thought he could get one more season out of it, but wanted to replace it now. I can't remember a single piece of negative feedback about our wear bars or anything related to performance and "flimsiness."

2. In my understanding of plowing physics, a taller blade has the possible upside of pushing more snow by quantity, but also with the possible downside of actually slowing down the plowing because ATV's can't always turn terribly effectively to move snow out of the way when the plow is under a full load of wet snow. The largest engine sizes may be able to handle heavy loads of snow, but they also will likely need strong snow tires for traction. So, in this case, "bigger" is not necessarily "better" and can actually make the plowing process cumbersome.

3. The extra stabilizing stiffening bars on the back of the blade help it withstand impact when compared to WARN.

4. Overall, in four years of selling the plow system, we have not taken a single complaint on performance. To the contrary, guys have consistently said how easy it is to put together and how well it moves snow. http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/motoalliance/9471-viper-plows.html is just one example.

WARN also makes a great system, but feedback indicates we've matched their performance at a much lesser cost. This is primarily because we decided not to go through distributors like Tucker Rocky or Parts Unlimited where products get marked up 30% more before they get to dealers and retail customers. We are able to just go straight to our dealer network and straight to you.

Hope some of that helps. Will be happy to continue interacting.

Peter
President
Motoalliance
Moto Alliance
1-866-527-7637[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
We have sold quite a few of these systems after the release of the larger blades & more choices of ATV mounts. We have only had positive feedback from our customers. They are very impressed by the quality and strength of these system, not to mention they are made here in the USA! We are excited that we also have a Viper plow system on the way to test on our 1998 Polaris Sportsman 500 that we just purchased from a estate sale with 25 original miles on it (what a rare find!). We went with the 54" blade on this unit since we already have a 60" Warn plow system on TheATVSuperStore.com 850XP. We will also be installing a Viper Elite 3000 lb winch to control the lifting of the system. Updates to follow with pictures as soon as it arrives and we install it.

Viper ATV Plow Kit

Thor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts