Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows if a recoil/manual starter is available for this machine. I called my dealer and they told me that there was not.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
If they look for an older model 500, like a 2011, it is there.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So a 2011 500 HO is the same as a 2013.

When they were looking it up they asked me if was an HO, then then they said no, there is none.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Chances are that Fuji never changed the crank between those years.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
28 Posts
recoil for my 2009 HO

Was told that they stopped putting recoil starters on after the 2008 model year. Just picked up a recoil starter for my 2009 HO. Don't know if same starter would work on a 2013 however. Quadcab

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was told that they stopped putting recoil starters on after the 2008 model year. Just picked up a recoil starter for my 2009 HO. Don't know if same starter would work on a 2013 however. Quadcab
Just curious, how much was it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I purchased a recoil starter for my 2010 sportsman 500 and my 2013 sportsman 400. I bought them from "fix my Polaris." They are kind of expensive but well worth if your in the middle of no where and need it. It bolts up directly with no drilling or special bolts. remove the old recoil case and put silicon on the mating surface and your good to go!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
You need to get one from a 2008 model. It will fit on your machine. Lots of people have done it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
New Polaris recoil starter

I found a couple of used/ rebuilt ones on ebay for around $200. Also on ebay, I found a brand new, complete assembly for $249.99, and that included the standard shipping. I just went back on ebay and rechecked the listing, and they state that this unit will fit 2009 - 2013 Polaris Sportsman. Just do an ebay search for Polaris Sportsman 500 recoil starter and it will show up after you scroll down a few items. The name of the outfit is Tri County Honda and if you call 304-257-4420 and ask for Jon (their ebay guy), you'll find him very helpful and friendly and he should be able to answer your questions. I went with the brand, spanky new starter for $249.99 and Jon shipped it the same day the order was placed. Let us know how you make out and tell Jon that the last guy to buy one (Dave S.) told you to call . Quadcab

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a couple of used/ rebuilt ones on ebay for around $200. Also on ebay, I found a brand new, complete assembly for $249.99, and that included the standard shipping. I just went back on ebay and rechecked the listing, and they state that this unit will fit 2009 - 2013 Polaris Sportsman. Just do an ebay search for Polaris Sportsman 500 recoil starter and it will show up after you scroll down a few items. The name of the outfit is Tri County Honda and if you call 304-257-4420 and ask for Jon (their ebay guy), you'll find him very helpful and friendly and he should be able to answer your questions. I went with the brand, spanky new starter for $249.99 and Jon shipped it the same day the order was placed. Let us know how you make out and tell Jon that the last guy to buy one (Dave S.) told you to call . Quadcab
Thanks for that. Just had a look at it. Only thing is they don't Ship to Canada!Anyway it's probably gonna be spring before I buy it as I'm goingto be away from home all winter for work.. Might give them a call then to see what they have to say.

·
Registered
28 Posts
shipping

I wasn't aware that they don't ship to Canada. Is it that they won't include the shipping to Canada for that price ($249.99) or do they not ship to Canada at all? You could have it shipped to me in Massachusetts, and then if my Bruins end up playing a Canadian team for this years Stanley Cup.....I could just drive it up to you........Quadcab

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wasn't aware that they don't ship to Canada. Is it that they won't include the shipping to Canada for that price ($249.99) or do they not ship to Canada at all? You could have it shipped to me in Massachusetts, and then if my Bruins end up playing a Canadian team for this years Stanley Cup.....I could just drive it up to you........Quadcab
Haha, that's funny.:chairfall: If there's no strike this year we just might have to do that!!:veryhappy:

·
Registered
505 Posts
I dont think it matters what year the recoil came off as long as its off a fuji motor. The only differance between between them is where the handle is. before or after the starter housing.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great information guys. Right on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 27 Posts