Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 94 300 two stroke i have removed the screws holding on the cover for the recoil pull start darn thing does not want to come off. grrrrrr there a secret why it's stuck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
well i did manage to get it off. see the starter drive is broke. Bendix is flopping around great something else to fix.
edit ... after looking at a parts diagram might not be broke, does the bendix flop around with the recoil housing off ????

·
Registered
483 Posts
yes with out the cover the bendix will appear to be loose, the cover centers the bendix after install.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thank you. now how do i hold the bendix in place and put the cover back on ?? looks like the bendix shaft goes into a collar inside the cover ? there is lots of movement in and out on that shaft .kind of just flopping around lol

·
Registered
483 Posts
well sir it could be possible that you do have some wear on the other end off the bendix but they are usually loose some. I just put my cover back on with a little working things around and it all lines up, you will know if it line up, it will either go on or not go on.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I put some lube on my bendix to help it work good, but if its kicking out good and free don't worry to much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts