Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, my name is Diego i'm new in this forum, i'm from Uruguay.
in my country Polaris is not one of the most popular quads, anyway i am thinking on buying a sportsman 570 but i don't know anyone who owns one.... I guess that this one will be the first 570 in uruguay

i want you to tell me please if it is a recomendable quad for all purpose, and if they have any fabrication issue, pros and cons...

other options are kawasaki brute force 650 or arctic cat 500.

sorry about my english...
thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
I went to my local AC dealer a few months ago. I THINK (not sure) that they don't have a 500 model anymore? If they do then its engine is made my kymco. To get a true arctic cat you would have to buy the 550

·
Registered
815 Posts
Arctic crap is just that. Its junk when you compare. The 570 makes more power than the arctic 700 even. The Brute Force 650 has a nice v twin but also runs a solid rear axle so the ride won't be near as smooth.
I really think the Polaris is by far the best in the competition.

·
Registered
24 Posts
How do you plan on acquiring the polaris? Is there a dealer nearby or are you importing it? If there is no dealer support I would suggest sticking with something more popular in your area. Getting service/parts might be an issue. Yamaha makes an excellent machine as well.

·
Registered
554 Posts
He's right. All ATVs (and all machines for that matter) need parts at one time or another. I would be most concerned about have a source for parts. I'm sure you'd love the Polaris, but maybe not so much if you had to wait a month to get a part shipped from the U.S. or other supplier. Especially if you're going to use the ATV for work rather than just play. What 4-wheelers are popular in your country?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thank you all, here the most popular dealer is Kawasaki but anyway you don't dispose all parts and accesories, you have filters, pads, belt and the most common replacements but if you need most specific parts you have to buy it on ebay, and wait a couple of weeks....
Polaris have a dealer in my country but they don't have stock of ATV's, you have to sign for one and they import it for you, this hobbie is too expensive here, for example the sportsman 570 is around USD 15500 and i guess mine will be the first in uruguay, that is why i am asking, because when you buy one of this babies you spend a lot of money and i want to know if it worth it or if i have a better option.

some options you can find here:
- canam (too expensive) for example the outlander 400 std is about USD 15800 // renegade 1000 about USD 26000
- kawasaki example 650 monoshock vtwin USD 16000
- honda with a terrible representation
- polaris
- yamaha just the raptors
and i guess in a couple of wheeks arctic cat will be arriving

·
Registered
183 Posts
thank you all, here the most popular dealer is Kawasaki but anyway you don't dispose all parts and accesories, you have filters, pads, belt and the most common replacements but if you need most specific parts you have to buy it on ebay, and wait a couple of weeks....
Polaris have a dealer in my country but they don't have stock of ATV's, you have to sign for one and they import it for you, this hobbie is too expensive here, for example the sportsman 570 is around USD 15500 and i guess mine will be the first in uruguay, that is why i am asking, because when you buy one of this babies you spend a lot of money and i want to know if it worth it or if i have a better option.

some options you can find here:
- canam (too expensive) for example the outlander 400 std is about USD 15800 // renegade 1000 about USD 26000
- kawasaki example 650 monoshock vtwin USD 16000
- honda with a terrible representation
- polaris
- yamaha just the raptors
and i guess in a couple of wheeks arctic cat will be arriving
WOW Thats expensive

·
Registered
815 Posts
Holy CRAP!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts