Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here in Need of help... Buddy of mine basically gave me a 99 Xplorer. Lots of issues so I’ve been tackling one at a time. Got it running and runs well. Tested voltage and it was over charging. 17.5 volts at the Battery. Purchased new rectifier that says it replaces the old one. New one comes in and is a bit smaller. But essentially same size. Most Wire colors are the same but come out of the rectifier in different order. Original one has five wires. From left to Right they are. Y/R. Solid Y. Solid R Y/B. And Solid BTown. New one from left to right. solid Brown Y/R. Solid Y. Solid R anD Solid Black. So four of the five wire correspond. However they come out of the Rectifier in different order. Do I still hook them up and match wires and then just match the Black wire to the yellow brown Wire? Thanks would love some help before just hooking it up and frying something!!!

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
It's a single phase rectifier - the y and y/r wires are the charging coil and it makes no difference which is connected to which - red is battery, brown is ground

The black wire will connect to the Yel/Brn wire and the sequence in which they enter the unit is of no concern.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. I’ll hook it up and see if that solves the issue. Hopefully charging drops to around 14.5 less.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that appears to have been the issue. Hooked it up. solid 14.56 at high rev. thanks again. Now into the next issue. Rear brake and headlights..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts