Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like my bike smokes a bit. Is there an adjustment on oil pump?

Actually, i want to just ditch the pump and run mix. anyone do this on this bike??!?!

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And first welcome to the board!

·
Registered
441 Posts
howdy .....i have nt done it on mine , but it can be done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rather then taking the pump out, i believe i will just disconnect the oil line going to it or run it dry. I fear that disconnecting the cable to it might cause a hang or cause a problem down the road with the throttle because they are linked under the tank.

·
Registered
527 Posts
There is an alignment mark on the pump base and the injection arm. Set the pump correctly and run a good synthetic oil like Amsoil and you should eliminate most of your smoking.

·
Registered
441 Posts
if you want to run mix , go here for parts www.rittercycle.com . oil injection block off kit 16.00 and new [ single ] throttle cable 19.00 ....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1999 Trail Blaizer I bought 2 weeks ago, the owner told me to mix oil with the gas 30 to 1, the oil tank, hose and everything else is still in tact. The bike runs fine. He also took the air box off and ran a regular air cleaner. A mechanic told him that the air box cracks and lets dirt in after the filter and jacks up the top end. Has anyone heard of these issues

1 - 7 of 7 Posts