Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm completely new to this site. I am in the market for a new ATV. Was looking to buy the Sportsman 570. Would the EPS be that much better of a buy? I have never had power steering before, so it's not a big deal. Does it really make that much of a difference on the trail? Would love to know!!! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
720 Posts
It does make a pretty big difference, I had a 2008 Sportsman 800 and traded it for a 17 850 SP with EPS and it completely changes the ride. Much easier to steer, doesn't tire you out as bad on long rides either. I thought the same way as you before I had it, and now I won't buy another ATV without it.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i totally agree with Steve c25, if u can afford it get eps for sure.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey guys, I'm completely new to this site. I am in the market for a new ATV. Was looking to buy the Sportsman 570. Would the EPS be that much better of a buy? I have never had power steering before, so it's not a big deal. Does it really make that much of a difference on the trail? Would love to know!!! Thanks guys![/QUO

My 2016 Honda Rancher has power steering, and I LOVE it. Every time I'm out on a ride with a buddy on a non-eps machine, and we swap, we are both shocked at the difference. So far EPS has only made the entire ownership/riding experience better in every way. There have been no negatives with EPS whatsoever, in over 2600 miles of hard riding in many different types of terrain. I would do it again.

Hope this helps you make your decision.

·
Registered
125 Posts
EPS is the ONLY way to go! I won't get another ATV with out it. Nuff said.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have to add my YES vote for EPS. Almost didn't get it on our 2016 570 Touring, but now I am some happy that I ponied up the extra money for EPS. Never had it on any of our three previous machines, so didn't think we "needed" it on this one. Once I experienced it, though, I'd call it a necessity. Get it!

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I was an EPS nay sayer......until I actually owned one. Now I'll never go back !

·
Registered
168 Posts
Electronic Power Steering

I bought my bike back in October of 2016 EPS was an option. I didn't think I needed it. I don't ride much just trail and through the woods, I bought my ATV for hunting purposes. I really don't need it but I want it cause it would make riding it more enjoyable. Considering these machines air pressure is 7psi its like riding on 4 flat tires:eek power steering should be standard on all of them. :applaus:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well worth the investment

I am also a die hard convert & love the EPS on the wife's 570.

Not to mention research used sales of units with EPS vs without EPS.

Used units with EPS sell way faster.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Plus I can drink coffee on my way to the garage/barn :smile

·
Registered
428 Posts
go for the EPS if you can. I opted out when i bought my 570 with the typical "never had it don't need it" attitude. then i rode my buddies 1000XP and couldn't believe the difference. Obviously i no longer have that mentality haha

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hey guys, I'm completely new to this site. I am in the market for a new ATV. Was looking to buy the Sportsman 570. Would the EPS be that much better of a buy? I have never had power steering before, so it's not a big deal. Does it really make that much of a difference on the trail? Would love to know!!! Thanks guys!
Don't even consider one without EPS. You pay more up front but is worth every penny. Plus, when you go to sell, it will be much easier to sell.
Buying an ATV without EPS is like buying a car in Arizona without AC, don't do it.

I have been riding dirt bikes, snomobiles, and atv most of my life. I am in good shape and could ride without EPS if I had to. Once I took a short ride on an EPS machine, I knew that was the way to go. I sold my ATV and bought one with EPS the next week.

Polaris has the best EPS system out there. Other brands work good but not nearly as well as Polaris.

D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts