Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my predator about 2-3 months ago and i was wonndering what you do for regular maintence... And what should i do to put it away for the winter? How often am i suppossed to change the oil, and how much oil does it take? Any hep would be great thank you

·
Registered
563 Posts
What year is your Pred?They say to change the oil and filter every 10 hrs.It takes 2 quarts exactly of Amsoil or Mobile1 full synthetic.As far as winterizing,make sure your coolant is in good shape and add stabil to the gas then run it for 10-15 minutes.For regular maintenance I do this-grease all the fittings with synthetic grease after every oil change,change oil & oil filter,check your air filter and check your swing arm and bushings for movement,a-arms,ball joints,tie rods,cogs,lube the chain every time you ride and check all fuel and coolant hoses and anything else somone might add.You might put some lithium/dielectric grease on your electric connections also.

·
Registered
563 Posts
They are pretty good quads but not having a reverse gear in 03 & 04 kinda sucks,so try not to put yourself in a spot where you will need it.Pushing gets old real quick lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts