Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a 2015 570 eps and after seeing all the problems with fuel pumps and EPS systems I thought I could use a few spare relays just in case! I'm looking for recommendations on where to purchase a few. I don't want cheap Chinese junk, so I will pay for the best available . Let me know what you guys think!

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
3,392 Posts
Auto parts store
1609276157593.gif

Reactions: Luann

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
299 Posts
So I've got a 2015 570 eps and after seeing all the problems with fuel pumps and EPS systems I thought I could use a few spare relays just in case! I'm looking for recommendations on where to purchase a few. I don't want cheap Chinese junk, so I will pay for the best available . Let me know what you guys think!
I always stock up on relays & fuses of all kinds anytime I’m at pull-part . Sure they are used but I’d rather have good quality oem used parts than some of the aftermarket garbage that’s sold .. They always cut me a deal if I buy more than 10.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I always stock up on relays & fuses of all kinds anytime I’m at pull-part . Sure they are used but I’d rather have good quality oem used parts than some of the aftermarket garbage that’s sold .. They always cut me a deal if I buy more than 10.
And I always assumed I was the only guy picking’ parts off cars and trucks at these bone yards 😂.

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
299 Posts
And I always assumed I was the only guy picking’ parts off cars and trucks at these bone yards 😂.
Nope your not alone , it’s my favorite place. I always go open minded and get whatever cool stuff I find. So if I go looking for fuses but I walk by a Gm truck with a 4.8-6.0 or a 4l80e trans then I’m taking it with me lol.. but yeah relays are not specific to anything off or on road, you just gotta figure out which vehicles have the same relay. Of course it’s much easier to walk in parts store and buy though 🤣

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
299 Posts
I've never needed a relay on the trail but it would be easy enough to carry one I suppose.
It’s just old habit for me. Iv never had one go bad on the trail, but I have had headlight/fuel pump relay fail on motorcycle/vehicle on the road. So I always carry a little baggy with couple extra fuses one or two relay and spark plugs.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
3,392 Posts
I always plan ahead. I stacked enough spare wood in my attic to build a new house incase it burns to the ground and only the chimney is standing.
Devil Flame.gif

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nope your not alone , it’s my favorite place. I always go open minded and get whatever cool stuff I find. So if I go looking for fuses but I walk by a Gm truck with a 4.8-6.0 or a 4l80e trans then I’m taking it with me lol.. but yeah relays are not specific to anything off or on road, you just gotta figure out which vehicles have the same relay. Of course it’s much easier to walk in parts store and buy though 🤣
We have one yard that you can go and pull parts. I call it “The Museum”. You pay $3 for admission and I always say “one ticket to the museum”. That laugh every time. I just pick and pull. Never check tool box, just ask “ what ya find today?”

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have some issues that will sometimes cause a fuse to pop or relay to go back. Goes into the shop next week. Anyway, I keep spares in a used prescription bottle. No dust, no moisture. I just buy them off of Amazon. Just search the type of relay it is and get some.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts