Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 800 Sportsman and a 500 Sportman, both 2007's, from a dealer last spring. They both had about 2,000 miles on them and now they have about 2,500 miles each. No problems yet but now that I know I really like riding 4 wheelers, I was thinking I should invest in newer units and sell these 2007's off. These have both ran fine this summer but I'm wondering if I should expect expensive repairs to make soon considering the mileage or will these units be dependable for a long time to come? My only real beef with these is not having power steering. Are the newer models significantly better? Like 2011's or 2012's?

·
Registered
319 Posts
A newer 500 will be basically the same except for the cosmetic changes. they will not have power steering unless you add it yourself. If you go with a 2014 570 then you can get a model with EPS. or you can get a 550 or 850 with eps. they will be different motors than you currently have and different body designs and suspension. The 500 is a hard model to beat reliability wise.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you maintain them properly they should last for years & years. When I got my X2 in July 2011 it had 400 miles. It now has 3600 miles.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
for the money id keep what you got, not go drop another 15k on new bikes, my 800 touring has over 30K on it and running strong, ran hard put away wet (covered in mud), only things is basic maintenance, and few things I broke (my fault). I would keep them

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I agree!!

Awesome mileage BTW!!
for the money id keep what you got, not go drop another 15k on new bikes, my 800 touring has over 30K on it and running strong, ran hard put away wet (covered in mud), only things is basic maintenance, and few things I broke (my fault). I would keep them

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts