Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else removed the stickers from there new quads. I removed mine and it was a pain in the a$$. I had to use a blow dryer and goof off to get rid of them. I love the paint on the XP red. It looks great and I will post pictures soon.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
I haven't yet! I'll go take a look at it now and see if I care!
But the body shop supply place have a spray can of stuff to remove emblems stickers and such. The stuff I used was a 3-M product!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not want to take a chance on anything doing damage to the paint. That is why I took the slow painful way. It turned out great. I did use a small plastic putty knife to peal up and edge and pilled it off slowly. I was afraid I would peal away the paint.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
I used it on my Mazda 3 2006 and it didn't do anything bad!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are a couple of pictures with the stickers removed.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have done mine it is a pain but worth it:D

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
I'm going to have to do that after looking at all the damn stickers on the rig!

·
Registered
151 Posts
wow that does look better, im going to do the same this weekend.:elefant:

·
Registered
205 Posts
My 550 XP has the Camo and I left it in the sun till the stickers warmed up and I slowly peeled them off in one piece.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
I'm almost in Alaska, so I guess I'll have to wait for awhile!:shhh:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will have the wife's 300 in Parker AZ this weekend, 106 degrees. So I will see if I can put it in the sun and get the stickers off. Maybe the plastic will just melt off.

·
Registered
421 Posts
looks great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
New Guy Here....My first "customization" was pulling off all the labels also. I peeled, used a hair dryer and tried windex on the adhesive before pulling out the Goof Off. I fear I screwed up the plastics a bit. It's all hazy now. Did I screw up the clear coat?

She's my first atv and new. I hope I didn't already scar my girl. Anyone have any thoughts on the hazy plastics and how to get them back?

·
Registered
20 Posts
New Guy Here....My first "customization" was pulling off all the labels also. I peeled, used a hair dryer and tried windex on the adhesive before pulling out the Goof Off. I fear I screwed up the plastics a bit. It's all hazy now. Did I screw up the clear coat?

She's my first atv and new. I hope I didn't already scar my girl. Anyone have any thoughts on the hazy plastics and how to get them back?
*Update: Tried using Wd-40 to take care of the haze and it didn't work. I think I screwed up my clear coat. I'm pretty bummed. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Lessen learned...no more Goof Off for me.

·
Registered
575 Posts
That looks great, I might do that on my new X2. What did you use to peel them off? Just your finger nail?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Yup, a credit card also works well... Clean resudue with Goo Gone or carefully with Acetone.

CW

1 - 20 of 37 Posts