Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let me know your thoughts about removing the rear sway bar.
I've never had any issues with the rear axles with the sway bar hooked up. My fear is that if I disconnect the sway bar, giving more flex to the back end, I'll snap an axle given the new angles the axles can go to.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I unhooked my 570 rear. Really makes a difference in the rough stuff and technical areas. But be aware, its a whole different beast to ride at speed. Mine will lift the inside front tire like a trophy truck under power. Fun as can be if you can keep control.

I will probably never put mine back on.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I removed my sway bar over a year ago and never looked back. There is a huge improvement in technical sections. As the previous poster mentioned the outside rear has a tendency to squat. The inside front will spend a little less time on the ground in sharp turns under power. Especially on pavement.

By removing the sway bar you will allow the rear suspension to squat more and utilize more of its travel. The more travel you use the less angle on the CV joints. So no, it will not cause CV failure due to excessive angles.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I do however strongly recommend you DO NOT do this on stock tires. At least have aftermarket more squared, wider tread, preferably a rim with some offset. It would suck to roll over a 800lb quad.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks guys

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Removing the rear sway bar is great for low speed trail riding,......<25 mph.
Above that it can be a bit dicey. It does greatly improve articulation.

Take a look at this thread........Bob' has a few good pics

Sway bar disconnect

·
Registered
282 Posts
I disconnected my sway bar over a year ago. It will never go back on. I find it rides and handles better no matter what speed or terrain. Just takes a few miles to get used to it and you have to compensate with your body weight on some curves and slopes. I think the benefits outweigh the dangers. Try it for a while and get used to it. Disconnect and tie up out of the way and if you feel the need to reconnect, it is just a five minute job on the trail as long as you have some tools with you.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I like mine unhooked for rough riding. However I do find it harder to ride at speed on the trails. I am sure it is a combo if tires lift and the sway bar.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine is now off and I like it

·
Registered
416 Posts
IF you do this, I suggest that you don't let anybody ride your quad.

If someone gets hurt riding a machine that you have intentionally made more dangerous, you would be liable without question. Looked at the liability for wrongful death lately ?

-c

ps: If you get hurt, don't even bother to look at Polaris' liability. You broke it - you own it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No one rides my scrambler. It's mine. Hands off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hopefully this revives this thread
I got 30" tires and looking at getting at getting a 2" lift kit to stop some for the rub im getting on my fenders.
I already deleted my sway bar and wondering if I just don't use the sway bar bracket if it will compromise the strength of the rest of the lift any thoughts would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
3,429 Posts
hopefully this revives this thread
I got 30" tires and looking at getting at getting a 2" lift kit to stop some for the rub im getting on my fenders.
I already deleted my sway bar and wondering if I just don't use the sway bar bracket if it will compromise the strength of the rest of the lift any thoughts would be appreciated
The sway bar delete will not affect the lift kit function or strength in any way, but you will have an even higher center of gravity. With no sway bar your roll over risk is much higher.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts