Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the spark plug wires from the CDI on a 2003 Sportsman 700? I pulled back the little boots, but the wires themselves are in stuck in the CDI pretty good. They act like they might be glued in. I hate to just start twisting and possibly mess up the cdi somehow and thought I'd ask first.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a 2003 700 sportsman. I plan to put new plug wires on. My unit is having some backfire issues. If I learn anything usefull I will post ASAP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out it was no big deal. I just needed to twist a little harder. There is a small diameter threaded pin in the middle of the opening (in the CDI) that the spark plug wire goes into. The spark plu wire actually threads onto this threaded pin and makes a sure electrical contact. So,to remove, just twist the spark plug wire to the left and unthread it.Same for the attachment to the boot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Farmer Green. I too am a farmer and have found myself extremely short on time so I just hauled it to town and decided to let the experts fix it. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for this info, I was wondering the same. Curious, did your new plug wires fix your backfire issue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts