Polaris ATV Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sportsman 850 SP Pursuit Camo
23 Posts
There are quite a few different blanks for these, depending on what your original key number is. I took some time this morning while my little guy was glued to watching Cars and made a quick spreadsheet of what I could find. I am not 100% sure that everything is accurate, but this is the info that I could find. Hopefully it helps. Don't seem to be able to upload as an XLSX, so I converted to PDF.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,430 Posts
Most lock smiths have the blank on hand and yes, they can cut them

·
Registered
518 Posts
The locksmith question seems to vary by location. Some people have reported using a locksmith for the blank and the cut as they are cheaper than the dealer. When I checked last year the local locksmiths were about double what the dealer charges. I was on my way out of town the day I realized I couldn't find the spare key so I paid the dealer. In the past I have purchased a blank online and then taken it to the hardware store and got it cut for $1.00.

·
Registered
378 Posts
My locksmith wouldn't cut the factory blanks because they are steel, and would be very destructive on his equipment. A local ACE hardware took the challenge and was able to do it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts