Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
I have a 2018 Ranger that I need to replace the steering rack.
2018 gearbox 1824488

I would like to get the one below but the fitment says it fits a 2016 Ranger.
will it fit.
Thanks Dave

·
Premium Member
12,925 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave!!!!

Reactions: Dave N

·
Premium Member
12,925 Posts
Super ATV is a good choice. Also check out Shock Therapy, I know they make racks for RZRs and X3s!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Super ATV is a good choice. Also check out Shock Therapy, I know they make racks for RZRs and X3s!!
It is a superatv part but says for a 2016, just wondering if it will fit, they don’t have it for 2018

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,150 Posts
Hey all
2018 gearbox 1824488

will it fit.
Thanks Dave

Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
9,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave!!!!
bp405, you must be back on your meds, I'm proud of you, you got his name right!!!

• Haha
Reactions: bp405 and Rob 55

·
Premium Member
9,150 Posts
Hey all
2018 gearbox 1824488

will it fit.
Thanks Dave

I would call super ATV and ask them if it's the correct one for your UTV. Super ATV is very helpful

·
Premium Member
12,925 Posts
bp405, you must be back on your meds, I'm proud of you, you got his name right!!!
Can that peak voltage adaptor you bought work for your brain??? I'm guessing if you hook it up it'll read negative!!! He posted his name wasn't that complex, but then again you're involved in the conversation!!!

·
Premium Member
12,925 Posts
Can that peak voltage adaptor you bought work for your brain??? I'm guessing if you hook it up it'll read negative!!! He posted his name wasn't that complex, but then again you're involved in the conversation!!!
Definitely confirm with SuperATV as I'm assuming it will and there website may not be up to date.

·
Premium Member
9,150 Posts
bp405, You are correct it would register negative, that is because power flows from negative to positive!

Any fire marshal that is worth a chit knows that!

• Love
Reactions: bp405

·
Registered
14,477 Posts
A electronic technician also knows electricity flows from neg to pos :geek:

·
Premium Member
12,925 Posts
Well as both you fine gentlemen would know flow of electricity is a highly disputed topic amongst the 2 camps that being chemists and physicists. Their stance is polar opposite of should I say 180° out of phase from one another!!!

·
Registered
14,477 Posts
It is not at all disputed - atoms consist of protons, neutrons, electrons and queertrons - protons and neutrons make up the nucleus - electrons and queertrons orbit the nucleus. Protons have a positive charge, neutrons have no charge, electrons have a negative charge and queertrons go around the circuit blowing fuses.............

The nucleus is stable and hard to break up - electrons are smaller than either protons or neutrons and orbit the nucleus in unstable orbits. A stable, balanced atom has an equal number of protons, neutrons and electrons, but electrons can be influenced by outside forces and jump from atom to atom. When electrons from one atom jump to a neighboring atom the movement is an electromotive force. Get lots of electrons to jump from atom to another atom and the result is current flow measured in amperes. The flow can be in one direction (DC current) or back and forth (AC current).

A battery has material with an excess of electrons in one antimony and a deficiency of electrons in another antimony (antimony is the material that fills the space of a lead grid in a lead acid battery). When a load (a conductor of electricity) connects the positively and negatively biased plates together (the terminals of a battery) the negatively charged material releases it's surplus of electrons to the material with a deficiency of electrons in an attempt to neutralize the bias. Thus the negatively charged electrons travel to the positive plates - negative to positive!

·
Premium Member
12,925 Posts
The flow is absolutely disputed between the 2 camps. Buddy I don't need a lecture from you on the theory of electricity!!! Your are speaking out of your ass to save face!!! Stop being a beta male, I'm getting tired of you guys on the interwebs!!!! Unless you have some knowledge that better men and women with doctorates have then save your BS for the naive!!!!

·
Registered
14,477 Posts
OK - explain how current flows from positive to negative.

·
Premium Member
12,925 Posts
I'll find an article that explains it better then I can. It's not something I keep readily accessable in my mind. But I do remember it being a big deal especially when going calculations between the inorganic chem and engineering physics. There was an opposite discrepancy between the to camps that we were made aware of and had to be cognitive of!!

·
Registered
14,477 Posts
Don't worry about it - I have seen the argument and it has not changed my acceptance that the phenomena of electrical current flow is from neg to pos.

One thing that was really eye opening is when we proved current flows over the surface of a conductor and not through it. We could carry more current with a copper pipe than with a wire because the pipe had two surfaces. The problem was wire had more mass than pipe and mass was required to disperse the heat generated by flow of current. Now silver is a better conductor than copper, but silver wire is very expensive. The solution was to use silver plated copper for very high current.

Aluminum is light, but is a somewhat poor conductor, so if using aluminum use a larger gauge. We played with transformers wound with aluminum. They were light, but not very durable. The aluminum co-efficient of thermal expansion over copper caused the windings to chafe against each other and short out in a very short time compared to copper. Gold is the best conductor and is widely used in electronic products. So much so that pound for pound, there is more gold in old electronic devices than in gold ore.

Just say'in - the other side will not be able to show me the light.

·
Premium Member
9,150 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts