Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may have seen the engine access replacement bracket that Rick Cecco developed to replace the weak cast aluminum piece on the XP frame. I finally got around to replacing mine with Rick's piece and man it is truly a nice piece of fabrication. I didn't count the welds, but it is quite a few, all among the best welds I've ever seen, super tight. The measurements for the replacement piece is absolutely spot on. This bracket bolts in to the frame in two places, they align perfectly. There is a complex addition to the bracket for the shifter pivot, exactly right. The airbox bolt lines up exactly, nothing had to be moved with a bar to line-up, not even a little. This is the kind of workmanship that we are all looking for in the products we spend out hard-earned money on, well hats off to Rick, he nailed it.

Now for some pics so you can see for yourself.

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
looks like quite a nice piece of craftmanship.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks Chris! We have already made a few changes since those pictures were taken - the front & rear frame bolts are now countersunk like the stock brace. Even though it added time to production it gives it a much cleaner look stronger attachment.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sounds like the kinda guy we need to make a lift kit :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
So, XC why the strip down to the frame ? Is it necessary to install this brace or are you doing other stuff to it ?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, XC why the strip down to the frame ? Is it necessary to install this brace or are you doing other stuff to it ?
No, I didn't strip to the frame. I used pics from Rick's ebay page because I'm the worst at taking pics while I'm working. You actually don't have to take much bodywork off at all, only the right side access panels. Didn't mean to be misleading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts