Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I ordered carburetors for our outlaw 50s and the "oem replacement' is anything but.

I have been digging on the net and forums and can not find a part number short of blowing 400$ with polaris.

I ordered this
Amazon.com: Caltric compatible with Carburetor Polaris Outlaw 90 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014-2016 : Automotive. The choke, fuel inlet location , throttle etc all different. It does bolt up.
Automotive lighting Auto part Gas Font Metal

My OE look like this

Wood Automotive design Gas Shipping box Machine

With the wrong carb the fuel line is short, choke cable to short, and the throttle spring feels incredible stiff. I was going to swap the choke arm and bracket but even the mounting boss is different. All that i can find for sale are incorrect.

I have a 2012, 15 and 2 2017s.. I can go through clean and tune again,, they were all running well this past winter,,, I thought for 20$ i would just install new carbs, I did it for our 90s and it worked great.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

·
Administrator
19,529 Posts
Got pics of the OEM 50 carb (complete with top showing cable seat and choke attachment)? While Amazon does not have the correct carb, other vendors do. I can make suggestions based on matching physical characteristics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got pics of the OEM 50 carb (complete with top showing cable seat and choke attachment)? While Amazon does not have the correct carb, other vendors do. I can make suggestions based on matching physical characteristics.
Here is the Polaris part

This is the carb i have, the choke arm is forward and the fuel inlet is on the right/choke side
Toy Wood Automotive design Shipping box Machine

Chris

·
Administrator
19,529 Posts
Probably not getting enough fuel mixed with the air at larger throttle openings - try putting layers or shop towel or paper towels over the carb inlet - if increasing the number of layers improves the acceleration above idle, then clean and recalibrate the main and needle jet circuits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts