Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there better alternatives than OEM for the 850XP?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just recently did the "upper's" and "lowers" on my 09 850....I choose the EPI solution. Compared to the OEM's...the EPI is a little "beefier"

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
polaris has updated the ball joints 3 times with better design the new oem ones shouild be better
I bought my '11 in 2010. Did it have the newest design?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I need some advice for this too! my original polaris sportsman 500 ball joint broke at 35hrs and its never been crashed. for that reason, i dont wanna just order a polaris one and toss it in there. also, the other one seems fine but should i change it too? is there a better brand out there?
:feedback:

·
Registered
181 Posts
the 500 ball joint is a totally different set up than the xp it is in the strut the xp has a-arms. i have not heard of much problems with those unless they have changed the design in the newer ones. you may want to post this under the sportsman part of the forum.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My bro has a 2010 850 and has had 2 sets of oem ball joints. The 2nd set of lowers had major play after 1 ride down a slow but very bumpy trail. We installed moose brand balljoints and they have held up for the last 8 months and no play. About 200 miles. Uppers are still oem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the 500 ball joint is a totally different set up than the xp it is in the strut the xp has a-arms. i have not heard of much problems with those unless they have changed the design in the newer ones. you may want to post this under the sportsman part of the forum.
sorry ski, i found the thread with a search and figured itd be a similar/same joint and was just looking for a quality brand anyway.
my original broke under 40hrs w/ no crashes. prob a fluke but glad it didnt break goin 40 down a narrow trail.
no1 could get me the o.e. joints in less than a week without costing too much and i went with allballs because the guy there answered the phone, was knowledgeable & said if i dont like it, send it back.
:eek:fftopic:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts