Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions or advise that might help me do this quickly and efficiently. I am fairly mechanically inclined but have never worked on a Polaris ATV. I have water/antifreeze in the crank case. Since I am having to change the head gasket, is there other things recommended while I'm in it this far? Shall I get a Top End gasket set, or a Complete gasket set, or a Complete gasket set with oil seals? Any and all advised would be greatly appreciated.:thinkerg:

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
get the complete kit with the water pump-oil seals, you will need to split the motor cases

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
before you split the motor, check the crank for any end-play and up& down play, just for checking the bearings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I'm fairly new to this as well, but I have managed to get it apart. There is a couple special tools put I made do with what I had on hand. Get a book that will help a lot.

If you have antifreeze where it's not supposed to be most likely the water pump seals let go. Watch what you put in it for antifreeze. There is a guy on ebay that sells a whole lower end kit can't remember his name but do a search for polaris and he should show up. He also rebuild motors if I remember right for a decent price

Good luck

george

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Oh no not another Bruce on the board??:shocked:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts