Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have replaced the rear springs on my 2006 Sportsman 700 in the last year. I am going to replace the FRONT springs now. Here is my question....

Does the entire front compartment box need to be removed, or can I simply remove the top shock bolt inside the compartment box and drop the entire spring/shock unit out from below?

Also, what do I need to be careful NOT to do????????

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Do you have access to the top shock bolt through the box? I am pretty sure that on the 05-10 models you have to remove the storage box to access the shock bolts.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I seem to remember now that I CAN'T access the top shock bolts inside the box, so everyone is correct of course! I have had the box off before, so no problem!!!

So, take the box off, take the top nut off, take a lower bolt off, and assembly pops right out....correct?????

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
You may need to compress the spring in order to safely remove the bolt. If they are worn out springs that you are removing, you should be fine. The new ones may be too stiff to compress easily by hand though when installing. You can rent a strut tool from oreilly's if needed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You probably won't need it taking it off but maybe putting the new one on. I just had my brother push down on it while I put the nut on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts