Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a "newbie" question, unrelated to compressed air, I have always rode ATV's in the South so never had to worry about hands being cold...I assume you are all wearing gloves with the heated grips and it still warms your hands even through the gloves? Are you using hand covers or just the heated grips? Being in Colorado now...it sounds like a wise investment.
You are correct. The heated grips will heat your hands through your gloves.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Polaris grips come with a small hole in the ends of them, you simply stick you air nozzle into the hole while having someone cover the hole on the oppisite grip and pull the grip off, it takes about 2 seconds and you are done. Do the same thing to put them back on. There is no need to cut the grips off of the quad and there is no danger of getting hurt usung this method. You will be amazed at how simple and easy this procudure is and I have never had to use grip glue. Isn't that enough HOT AIR about the perils of using compressed air?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Polaris branded grip and thumb warmers work great and at times the thumb gets so hot you can't keep you thumb on it, they are amazing additions to any cold weather riding. even if your gloves are wet your hands will stay warm.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Sometimes it gets so cold gloves are just not enough! I just use gloves and warmers. Get them and you will never live without again! I too use the air method however my compressor is just a small sears tire pump and works fine. I too have done my last 3 quads this way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great info....ok..so next question. I see that you can buy heated grips or heated pads (which I assume go under your stock grips). Which one is better or does it matter?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I personally like the ones that go under your stock grips,our group of riders all pure Polaris all have Polaris grip/Thumb warmers and love them. I dislike the aftermarket grip/warmer combo's (Cabelas) as they seem fat and the control switch is big and bulky. Last weekend we rode in the Hatfield/McCoy trail area 2 "new" guys did not have grip warmers one guy had to stop in the first 15 minutes of riding because his hands where cold the rest of us had smoking gloves did I mention it rained all day the poor guy was mesirable allday without warmers, which we now has.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I 2dn that. Get the Polaris ones. Easy to install and its a plug and play unit that works with the factory wires. Be sure to get the one made for the XP it comes with the proper switches that fit in the pod & no the circular ones.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice job! how did you like the compressed air for popping off the grips?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts