Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hve a 2007 Sportsman 500 EFI and wanted to know if I could swap the OEM head lights out with LED light bulbs. Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
im sure it can be done. i just installed HID headlights in my 850XP. just figure out what bulb it has, and buy em! Superbrightleds.com is a good place. seems alot of guys get there Tail lights there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Quick question what size bulb and we're did buy them from I am looking to do LEDs on my sportsman and my buddy's as well I order some for the correct size that the quad comes with and the LEDs were to big for the housing opening

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be honest I didn't find LEDs that worked. The bulbs were bright but the ones I selected didn't have any rear or side facing lights so the reflector didn't work and that caused the lights to be dim.

If I were to do a change, I would do the HIDs

·
Registered
862 Posts
Look for a 880 bulb base, but it might take some trail and error to find bulbs with suitable out put for headlight replacement .

·
Registered
89 Posts
Has anyone used the hids from atvsuperstore.com anyone know how the ballast does? As far as not flickering when bouncing around if it even does...this is the only thing stopping me from hids

·
Registered
862 Posts
I haven't seen any negative reviews. My eBay set work just fine, would recommend hids until the price of a led set become much more reasonable.

·
Registered
89 Posts
How is ur riding conditions? And how do u have ur ballast set up I'm wondering if in bumpy trails they flicker

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
862 Posts
I ride in Farm fields and they hold up fine, the ballast are tucked up between the shock tower and storage compartment to try to keep them safe.

·
Registered
89 Posts
And last do u have a pic of them on lol sorry to bother just don't wanna spend 450 on the polaris led lights lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts