Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a 2023 Polaris 850 base model. I was not happy with the two color choices that were available. I would like to have the ATV wrapped to make it a color I would like. I live in the Metro Detroit area and I have contacted many local wrapping companies. One place informed me that they would not wrap an ATV. One place told me they wanted $2,000 to wrap it (LMAO). One place told me to buy the kit and they would install it. And about five places didn't even respond to my inquiry.

I tried to search for kits specific to the unit I ordered and I could not find any. Either they don't offer the 850 or they don't offer the 2023 kit.

Suggestions on where to purchase a kit specific for my model and year?
Positive / negative comments regarding wrap in general?
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
14,065 Posts
Font Window Pattern Screenshot Automotive exterior
to the forum
Gas Font Automotive lighting Ball Vehicle registration plate

Reactions: 23Sports850

·
Premium Member
14,065 Posts
2017 through 2023 are the same body.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just ordered a 2023 Polaris 850 base model. I was not happy with the two color choices that were available. I would like to have the ATV wrapped to make it a color I would like. I live in the Metro Detroit area and I have contacted many local wrapping companies. One place informed me that they would not wrap an ATV. One place told me they wanted $2,000 to wrap it (LMAO). One place told me to buy the kit and they would install it. And about five places didn't even respond to my inquiry.

I tried to search for kits specific to the unit I ordered and I could not find any. Either they don't offer the 850 or they don't offer the 2023 kit.

Suggestions on where to purchase a kit specific for my model and year?
Positive / negative comments regarding wrap in general?
Any help would be appreciated.
2017 through 2023 are the same body.
Sad to hear that, but good to know. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
15,874 Posts
Sad to hear that, but good to know. Thank you.
Don't know why that would make you sad? Should make you glad. It means that you can actually find parts and accessories easily. You can NEVER find anything specific for a current year model. It takes a couple years for the aftermarket companies to get products developed and on the market.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know why that would make you sad? Should make you glad. It means that you can actually find parts and accessories easily. You can NEVER find anything specific for a current year model. It takes a couple years for the aftermarket companies to get products developed and on the market.
I work in the auto industry and these vehicles are refreshed quite often. I am not sure I would have purchase a 2023 if I knew the 2017's were the same. I was just saying for Polaris, they should add some new designs to these things more often than every 6 years. But then again, if there's a 2 month wait to get them, they aren't having trouble selling them. LOL

·
Premium Member
14,065 Posts
Polaris's idea of a refresh between a different model years is changing the color!

·
Premium Member
14,065 Posts
You're 2023 will look just like my 2019.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

·
Super Moderator
15,874 Posts
Oh, they do change/improve things year to year, but body styles only change every 5 or 6 years. The auto industry sucks for that very reason. Its often hard to find a good used autpo part at a reasonable price from last year that will fit this year's model and the "new" part will have a very minor change and cost four times the price of last year's part.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I work in the auto industry and these vehicles are refreshed quite often. I am not sure I would have purchase a 2023 if I knew the 2017's were the same. I was just saying for Polaris, they should add some new designs to these things more often than every 6 years. But then again, if there's a 2 month wait to get them, they aren't having trouble selling them. LOL
Polaris 850, same chassis from 2010. Big change was plastic in 2017. So from 2010-2023. Same ATV with some refinements but otherwise still the same.

D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not really even new paint? Black is not a color!!! I paid an extra $1000 for a Ride Command 1000 because I didn't want black.

D
Yeah I was only talking about 570s. I don't think Polaris actually wants anyone to buy anything other than a 570 or a side by side.

I feel you on the Ride Command - I was the EXACT same way. In fall 2021 I tried ordering a Ride Command, then a Hunter Edition, and when both were sold out I had to sit here and wait another year. Then when they released the 2023 models they not only didn't have any updates or new colors in the 1000, but they stopped offering the Ride Command and the Hunter Edition and the trail model was still black.

I found a 22 hunter edition on a dealer floor 1000 miles away and ordered that. May be the last chance of getting a brand new 1000 that's not just black.

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
2,481 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Haven't personally ordered from them but they seem like they know what they are doing.
I sent that company an email. I am not sure what the "Forest" means in the name of the ATV. There isn't a Forest model for 2023 to my knowledge. I wish I could get some feedback from someone that purchased one of these for a Polaris 850.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts