Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sportsman 850 SP, 2006 Predator 500
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a Yes or No and explanation please give me your thoughts on why you would or would not like to see Polaris make sport quads again. Personally I would love to see the Predator make a come back with a Pro Star 450 motor as well as a big bore Pro Star 700 motor.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
5,962 Posts
NO.

Personally for me when your 86 I've had all the go fast fun many years ago! Now i'm just glad to get up in the morning and still be able to balance on 4 wheels!

You asked.

Reactions: SteveC25

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO.

Personally for me when your 86 I've had all the go fast fun many years ago! Now i'm just glad to get up in the morning and still be able to balance on 4 wheels!

You asked.
I can see your point at that age. lol Glad to hear you are still getting out enjoying the outdoors from a quad though. I think a lot of the younger guys who use to ride/race the Predator and Outlaw would enjoy it though.

·
Premium Member
2004 Polaris sportsman 700
300 Posts
NO.

You asked.
You’re 86?? Never would have thought... I think it would be really cool if they brought back some kind of sport quad... lightweight, 2wd, lots of power. I love the scramblers but I think they’re too heavy and big to do any real racing.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You’re 86?? Never would have thought... I think it would be really cool if they brought back some kind of sport quad... lightweight, 2wd, lots of power. I love the scramblers but I think they’re too heavy and big to do any real racing.
I agree, especially now that they are building all of there motors in house. We need new Predator's and Outlaw's.

·
Registered
123 Posts
FPD218, Are you really 86......C'mon you're joking right.....If you are, God bless you. And I thought I was doing well for my age......

·
Premium Member
12,406 Posts
LOL!!!! FPD you funny guy!!!

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
666 Posts
Personally I would love to see a comeback of sport quads from all manufacturers! Even as I get older I still enjoy the power to weight and arguably easier to ride depending on type of terrain obviously . I still enjoy hill shooting on the old banshee . There’s still a lot of things I can do on a sport quad that I wouldn’t dare do on a utility and vise versa. But it’s nice having options wide spread for different uses.

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
666 Posts
Or just give me a hybrid of some sort . A simple designed big bore utility with 90+hp a manual CLUTCH Transmision and a REAL separate rear and RIGHT FRONT brake lever. Don’t bunch up the footwell making it hard to bail and keep it in the 450-500# range and I’d be one happy man! One can dream I guess. But it’ll never happen .

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
No, if I were in the market for a sports quad Yamaha gets my money. Either 450 or 700

And from the recent Hatfield McCoy pics FPD218 doesn’t look a day over 70.

·
Registered
348 Posts
All the excitement is in SxS. Only Polaris and CanAm are really updating their ATV's. The japanese brands seem to be just changing colors and graphics.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Or just give me a hybrid of some sort . A simple designed big bore utility with 90+hp a manual CLUTCH Transmision and a REAL separate rear and RIGHT FRONT brake lever. Don’t bunch up the footwell making it hard to bail and keep it in the 450-500# range and I’d be one happy man! One can dream I guess. But it’ll never happen .
That would be a pretty fun ride for sure, but not the same feel as a true sport quad in my opinion.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, if I were in the market for a sports quad Yamaha gets my money. Either 450 or 700

And from the recent Hatfield McCoy pics FPD218 doesn’t look a day over 70.
But why? When you compare a stock Predator 500 to a stock Raptor 700 they are very equal and in many ways the better was the better option compared to the Raptor. And that was many years ago, imagine what Polaris could do now with the technology they have.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All the excitement is in SxS. Only Polaris and CanAm are really updating their ATV's. The japanese brands seem to be just changing colors and graphics.
That's why I believe it'd take Polaris or Can-Am to release sport quads again for them to make a comeback.

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
666 Posts
That would be a pretty fun ride for sure, but not the same feel as a true sport quad in my opinion.
I totally agree. But there’s a small niche groups of people like me that would love a machine as described . I bet the guys YouTube channel called “untouchables” would really make use of these as well . You could have a capable 4wd and good power to weight and lots of wheel travel would make a climbing machine! . I know there’s no such thing as a one for all machine but this would be pretty close ! But we all know it’ll never happen.

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
666 Posts
All that being said though Polaris would probably never be able to compete with the Yamaha yfz or Honda 450r both tried and true on the track and in the woods. If I could buy a new 450 today it would still be Yamaha hands down.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts