Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sportsman 850 SP, 2006 Predator 500
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
All that being said though Polaris would probably never be able to compete with the Yamaha yfz or Honda 450r both tried and true on the track and in the woods. If I could buy a new 450 today it would still be Yamaha hands down.
I think they can, they would just have to put forth a very good effort at it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Polaris is a business with stock holders. If they don't see a good return on investment, it won't happen. Polaris had water craft and Victory motorcycles. They had great reviews..But apparently not enough to keep the lines going.

The japanese can use previous engineering from their motorcycles to spread the cost of new development. And they are very conservative in releasing new products that might not sell.

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
666 Posts
Polaris is a business with stock holders. If they don't see a good return on investment, it won't happen. Polaris had water craft and Victory motorcycles. They had great reviews..But apparently not enough to keep the lines going.

The japanese can use previous engineering from their motorcycles to spread the cost of new development. And they are very conservative in releasing new products that might not sell.
100% accurate. All the money is in sxs rite now unfortunately. And yes It’s a shame about victory because it was of the best bikes ever made. I had a victory 8 ball and a victory cross country both trouble free for many years unlike my Harley . Nothing against you sxs guys because Iv owned 2 rzr’s. But it blows my mind that people will sign a note for a 30,000$ off road toy then sink another 5k in upgrades within a year or sooner.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts