Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about putting a big gun rev box on my predator. This one specifically, 05 07 Polaris Predator 500 Big Gun Rev Box | eBay
I have a few questions though

1) I have a 2005 Predator 500 Troy lee edition. It was apart of the first batch of them(built on 11/18/04). Would this still fit my quad or should I get the 03-04 version? I know there are some part compatibility issues with the first batch vs the second batch. Also if anyone knows, why are there 2 different batches mad of the 05? What did they change?

2) Will this cause motor damage?

3) Is it hard to install?

4) Is there a better rev box I could buy?

·
Registered
521 Posts
it will cause damage bad bad damage only rev boxs/cdi are dyna or vortex and there roughly 500 bucks so for another little bit you could do and hpd big bore kit and get way more out of it!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Most of them just remove the rev limiter or move it up. The valve train and most of the engine is not designed to rev any higher than stock does . I'd avoid it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I .m . o stay far away from it...... snapped both intake valves in half, and put a quarter size hole in my piston and I never ever had any problems with this quad until I put the big gun over rev on it if your looking for one I would get a dyna or something

1 - 4 of 4 Posts