Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I have a 2008 Scrambler 500 4x4, everything works on it perfectly, except the 4wd when in reverse.

Now, it DOES work, but it's kind of a pain to get it to engage.

When I put it in reverse (holding down the override button obviously), 4wd will not work unless I rev the engine a few times, where the rear wheels will spin, and then randomly it will engage the fronts and work from then on (although sometimes if I let off the throttle it will disengage the fronts again, requiring some more revving for it to engage again).

I have changed the oil in the front hubs, not sure what else to look for considering it works fine in forward gear, and does also work in reverse, but need to rev it a few times to get it to engage.

Also, the override button seems to be functioning correctly as well, considering if I hold it in I can go to higher speeds in reverse without it cutting the ignition.

Anyone know what wires I can disconnect to bypass the override switch in the mean time for testing?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So after changing the hub oil then going for a full day ride on Sunday, the problem seems to have resolved. AWD worked in reverse every time I had to use it. AWD got stuck a couple of times, just had to reverse then go forward again for it to disengage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts