Polaris ATV Forum banner

Reverse Light?

19K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  pcaster 
#1 ·
Anyone hook up a reverse light? I could use a reverse light on my 17 570. Is it possible with current wiring or do I have to add a new switch and all wiring? I would use an LED. Thanx

#2 ·
Good question!

#4 ·
Depends on how you're going to use it. Personally I would hook it up to a switch. One it's a better install and I'd want the control of the light. Point being I use my wheeler for trail riding 99% of the time. So if I'm night riding and get hung up and have to reverse out and a riding bud is behind me I wouldn't want to blind him. Just my thoughts.

#6 ·
I've thought about it but never got around to doing the mod. I already have OEM work lights but always thought it would be pretty handy to have an automatic reverse light for night riding in the woods. If you needed to back up in a hurry or other situation you wouldn't have look around to find a switch.
The best set up, especially for guys that sometimes plow or work at night etc., would be to do a relay mod like I mentioned and incorporate a 3 position switch. With that configuration you could:
1) turn it on or off manually... or
2) turn it on so it would only illuminate when you shifted to reverse.
That way you'd have the best of both worlds according to your preference or particular need at the time.

#7 ·
My reverse light is connected so it turns on whenever the headlights are on and it is in reverse, or it can be turned on anytime the key is on, or it can be disabled for times I don't want light. I used a accessory relay box I got from a Ford truck. It holds two relays and 2 or 3 fuses. It has a lid and is water proof. I'm using 2 relays, 1 fuse , and 1 switch. The switch disables the light or turns it on constant. The relay box is connected to the frame by the air filter and fits good. It works great. Don't have time at the moment, but can post a diagram and etc if anyone would like to see.

#9 ·
Finally installed some on a switch. Cheap AUXBEAMS but do the trick nicely

Attachments

#10 ·
Might check quadovator.com and see what they're up to.

#16 ·
Hey Dave, Thank you, I purchased all parts form Amazon HERE! $12 Bucks. Ok that should square you away. Have a good one.

#20 · (Edited)
I was able to do it without pulling body panels, just that little black one under the light pod. Oh and the seat.

#19 ·
I have reverse lights that switch on in reverse and have an override on the pod.
This is on a 2012 500HO with a separate shift indicator resistor pak.
IIRC The 570 has the resistors built into the transmission switch so it's not as easy.

#22 ·
I've clearly gone off the deep end!!

#23 ·
It's not to late to save your name........ but sir you need meds!!!!!!!!!!!

JK, Looks nice, I'm jelous!

Reactions: SportsFans
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.