Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seen someone said there was a mod to make my 2002 400 sportsmen so i didnt have to push the awd override when im going in reverse is this true and where can i get one. also i want the light mod so i can have all my lights on at once.... thanks in advance stick!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wouldn't do without both of these! The first time I plowed I got sick from the fumes from it cutting out in reverse! best $6 you could possibly spend! I got mine off Flebay! I plow alot with mine and it is impossible to push that stupid yellow button and the gas and the winch and steer at the same time! Full speed in reverse is scary sometimes!

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you dont want to buy the mod there is a simple solution to fix the reverse override button. Cut the tie wrap that holds the harness going into the switch. Take some good scotch 33 electrical tape and start it on the backside of the switch. Pull the tape as tight as you can and when you get to the button hold it in as you are stretching the tape. Wrap the tape around the switch about 10 times. I plow alot myself and mine has never come loose even in the rain. Cheap electrical tape usually will not hold. This is a real quick fix and when you go to sell it just remove the tape to make it factory again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am new here and have only had my 05 Sportsman 400 since November. What does the reverse override button mod do for you and what does the button do in general? It was my understanding it bypassed a governor or something which allowed higher RPM's when backing up. I was told you do not have 4x4 in reverse, is that not true?
If you install the override does the button do anything after that?

I plan on doing the headlight mod anyway as I found getting the switch in the middle was a big help during my recent archery hunting trip, the extra lights made a big difference

·
Registered
421 Posts
the reverse override switch will allow it to be in 4x4 and allow you to go faster in reverse without useing the yellow override button on the left handel bar in reverse. its more so if you dont want to use the button with your thumb everythime backing up. it will come on automatic when the switch you installed is on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts