·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what is the max angle on your rhino axles. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
Don't know the answer to that question but rhinos aren't known to necessarily like being installed on lifted machines. They are a upgrade to the OEM axel on stock suspensions. That is where they will perform best.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree but I bought one at quadna because I broke one of mine and haag been using it from time to time and it seems to be working with my lift. That's all just curious what super Atv says about them.

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
I gotcha hopefully someone @superatv chimes in with some specs!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Following, thinking my stockers are on borrowed time with these bigger tires..

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
I know if my stockers fail rhinos will most likely go in.

·
Registered
259 Posts
BP, why Rhino's over Cobra or Gorilla? Just curious why you picked that brand as I'm trying to decide on the best axles to accommodate a 2" lift for 28" tires. I had heard Rhino's aren't all that great, at least for that application.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have cobras now but broke one at an event. Someone was selling rhinos so I bought one so I could keep riding.

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
BP, why Rhino's over Cobra or Gorilla? Just curious why you picked that brand as I'm trying to decide on the best axles to accommodate a 2" lift for 28" tires. I had heard Rhino's aren't all that great, at least for that application.
You are correct sir. Rhinos don't have the reputation as being a good axel for machines with lift kits. Even though they are sold as part of some lift kits superATV sells. Cobras, Taylor's, Gorillas, and HL pro series axels work best on lifted wheelers.

My machine isn't lifted so that's why I will upgrade to rhinos or HL DHT's if my axels ever do break.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2014 xp 850 with a 2in lift and 30in monster mayhem tires. Running Rhino front axles and stock rear axles for over 2 yrs. and no issues thus far. I ride some of the roughest trails, a lot of ruts, rocks and mud. I do stay away from mud hole with thick sticky stuff but really don't go around much either lol. I think they are pretty good. Just my experience with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts