Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my axles and installed them already on my 850, I can't believe the size and weight difference from stock

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
what's the actualy size difference, it looks like a 30-40% difference in size.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what's the actualy size difference, it looks like a 30-40% difference in size.
I'm not to sure to be honest but they sure do weigh a lot more and the cv's are huge compared to stock.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
measure the diameter of the shaft on both.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
measure the diameter of the shaft on both.
K the Rhino is 3 1/8" the Polaris is 2 1/2" so 7/8" thicker in diameter so 0.8% thicker if I'm doing the math right

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'd measure the shaft, not the CV, remember, it's the shafts that most people break not the CV itself.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd measure the shaft, not the CV, remember, it's the shafts that most people break not the CV itself.
That is the shaft circumference

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Diameter of those is essentially 3/4" for the stock and 1" for the Rhino's thats a 25% difference or a 33% increase in size. thats substantial.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
where did you buy the axles was thinking that might be my first upgrade on my scrambler sense I did bust one already
maybe part # and website ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Superatv has them. That's where I got mine.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have been running the Rhinos on my 850 for two years now without any problems. The stock axles barely made it past 6 month before they started making noise. I think they are a great axle for the price.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I think you have this reversed. Most people break the CV's. The shaft is a solid piece of steel that you almost never see break. If the shaft breaks at all, it breaks at the end in the CV. This is normally due to the CV failing. So, when judging an axle, you should not be judging just by the size of it. You should be judging it by what type of metal, how it was heat treated, and the construction of the CV itself. Some CV's are designed to handle more angle than others which is good if you have a lift, or plan on lifting.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I have been running the Rhinos on my 850 for two years now without any problems. The stock axles barely made it past 6 month before they started making noise. I think they are a great axle for the price.
Rhino axles are a good stock replacement axle. They are stronger than stock and will hold up great on most atv's. I do not however, recommend them on lifted atv's. Mine only lasted a few days worth of riding before I broke both fronts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts